Friday, January 13, 2012

Lemonade...


Our play-date with our friends turned into a play day when I accidentally lost the car keys at the outdoor mall.  (I need a gps for my key ring...and phone)! John had meetings and wasn’t able to come to our rescue for five hours later so we set out to make the best of being stranded.   It was pretty much impossible to take the boys into the posh shops so we mostly just followed them as they ran wild through the walkways.   Our lemon-ey day turned into sweet lemonade as we were able to get into some deeper conversation, watch our kiddos leisurely lap up ice-cream, and let the boys run free in the car-less confined space.                                                                              
We just wish we had our cameras for when we were digging through the trash for my keys next to Kate Spade,  when the kiddos were covered from head to toe with chocolate, and when the Nestle man couldn’t scoop up our ice-cream because he just had a cast put on his arm- it was comical.
The afternoon was a good reminder that I don’t always need to rush home for nap time.   I hope to just go with it more, let James snooze in his stroller, and allow destiny determine the day.  Thanks for being such a good friend and sport Jackie :)
TGIF-  I can't wait for my man to be home for the weekend!

2 comments:

ColleenDown said...

Well I am glad it wasn't snowing! And now we learned you can talk on the computer to the phone-who knew! I will try and figure out a way to turn this very "lemony" week into something worth blogging about--somethings take "time" before they become humor! Happy MLK weekend!

Katelyn said...

Haha! I remember the time when you and I were at the mall and you lost your keys! You lose them more than anyone I know. I am glad that you made the best of it anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...