Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Growing Pains

Today I read my baby is now the size of a lemon.  And that my friends, is sweet lemonade for this sister’s thirsty soul.  After my first ultrasound the doc called me to let me know that I am at a higher risk for miscarriage thanks to a blood clot nestled between my baby and my uterus. They said I shouldn’t do anything too strenuous and if I feel anything abnormal to come in ASAP, but don’t let it stress me.  Um okay, don't stress, no prob…Easier said than done.  I must say, as much as I love modern technology and seeing my baby swim on the monitor in front of me, I am more of an ignorance is bliss kind of girl, and would rather be on baby brewing cloud nine instead of worrying all the time.  But with each passing day of feeling nauseous, and another week under my belly band belt, I feel a little more reassured I will reach my due date.  And then we can really celebrate.  
Here is a sketch of the glimpse I caught in the reflection of the window today.   It made my heart swell to see my stomach stretching.  A beautiful sign that baby #2 is growing just fine:)  

6 comments:

Mike and Carla said...

Jessica, I'm a ignorance is bliss type of guy as well. It seems we are told too much. Whatever happened to the days when a person just had ailments? Even though blood clots are serious, I have had and do have them, they can be controlled. Carla and I are looking forward to when baby Gregory #2 is here. We are sure he will be just as precious if that's possible as James Michael. We love you and you are in our prayers. Mike and Carla

ColleenDown said...

Love the journaling--and blogging--and art work!! Not doing anything too strenuous is always a good life plan in my book-I have tried to stick with that one over the years myself. It is fun to see the picture, I think the baby looks like our side of the family, sorry Mike and Carla (hope is has the Gregory math genes though!)

Cheryl said...

Everything about you is beautiful! I love the words, the pictures, the drawings, the sentiment. I'm so glad to see you are enjoying the time you have with both of your babies in the beautiful springtime. I love, love, love Spring!

Cathy G said...

Hey Jessica! I knew you didn't feel good because you are missing from the blog! Glad you felt like posting again! Take it from one who had to take it easy for almost 8 weeks...just do it! It is worth it and you won't have any regrets! Call your friends for help, knowing you will pay it back when you are able! Love you!

Anonymous said...

that drawing totally looks like you, I love it! Love your little lemon, can't wait to meet the wee babe

Romney said...

I have been looking at blogs tonight and everyone I look at impresses and inspires me more! You are so talented in writing and art and being a great mom! Hope you start feeling better and that all goes well in your pregnancy! Miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...