Friday, March 9, 2012

You Are My Sunshine...

I have felt so icky lately, it is hard not to let it dampen my spirits.  Even though I told myself when I was having a hard time getting pregnant that if I would ever get a bun in the oven again I would never complain about morning sickness.  But not feeling myself and lots of sleepless nights has started me in a downward spiral.  So I might be doing some Pollyanna-ish posts in the coming weeks to help me count my blessing and pull me up by my bootstraps.  I have so much to be grateful for and I know babies are so worth feeling like a seasick sailor.  I just need to remember to dwell on the following instead of focusing on the vomiting…
  • Cuddling with James and lightly running my finger over his face until he falls asleep.                                        
  • Every time a family member comes to visit, James carries their picture around the house for days.  The pictures are getting slimed but it is so sweet.
  • All the blossoms and pretty spring flowers that are blooming around our house. 
  • John staying home from work for a few hours so I could get some more sleep.
  • I started to cry because I wasn’t feeling good and James climbed on my lap, gave me a hug, then put his hand on my cheek, and then started pretending to run into the wall and falling back until I started laughing.  I am incredibly lucky to have such a compassionate comedic kid.
  • Heather helping me so much while she was here.
  • Seeing my nephews all week.
  • Spending time with my sister on the porch swing.
  • It’s Friday!
  • This family video James and I have watched about 20 times the past two weeks.  It always puts a smile on our faces.  Disclaimer:  I know it looks like James is being forced to see the Disney princesses but he has huge crushes on all these leading ladies.  When we didn’t feel like waiting in line to see Snow White, we had to drag him away kicking and screaming.  

8 comments:

Laura Sellars said...

Sorry to hear that your days are rough. I hope they pass quickly and that you are soon at the baby bump and feeling great stage! I love how you are counting your blessings. You are such an amazing person and a wonderful mom.

I also loved how you captured the magic of Disney World through the eyes of James!

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there to take James all day and go to the park and have picnics so you could get some rest. I hope your morning sickness goes away fast. I feel like your labour and delivery will be so easy because your pregnancy has been so hard. You are such a great mom, I love you and miss you too much!!!

Erin and Daryl said...

That is not fun. Just remember I you can always call if you need to vent or need someone to talk to. On another note of good positive thinking, I look at your life and I always think how blessed you and your family are. So keep smiling and think of where you'll be when the yucky is gone. That always makes me feel better.

ColleenDown said...

I don't know who I had more fun watching James or John in the video. I can imagine that having this video should help you get some couch time for the next month or so....oh if only Belle would come babysit for a couple hours!

Katelyn said...

I am sorry things are rough right now! I wish that I could come help you. That video was so cute. I loved James's reactions to everything!

Chelsea said...

hugs and loves xoxo

Chelsea said...

hugs and loves xoxo

Cathy G said...

I want to know how you rode those rides if you were sick! The carousel kills me all the time! Fun video! You are so good to try to be happy. I hope you feel better soon! Love you and miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...