Friday, July 13, 2012

Soaked...

Today I learned the literal meaning of a flash flood warning as I drove home from Chick-fil-a.  The banks of the bayous are bulging and our roads have turned to rivers.  Since we've returned to Houston we've received more rain in one week than we had during the entire summer last year.  I think we can officially say the great Texas drought is behind us.  
Down the street is drenched, but I think it would take another week of this before it reached our door.

A few showers don't slow James down.  He could play outside all day.

This is when I looked over and saw James filling his boot with rain and drinking it.  We might have a future survivor man on our hands.  

It's been pretty nice being home bound all week.  I've been able to get my nesting on.  The only time we left the house was to curb a couple cravings.  Like these crimson red cherries. Mmmmmmm!  
Umbrella shaped mushrooms are are sprouting all over the place.  Flooding is great for greening up the foliage.

I think all this precipitation is making my baby grow.  I feel like I've doubled in size this past week.  I can't complain though because this weather is helping keep things cool.  I will do a rain dance for all my friends who are in the dry Utah desert.  And hopefully you will all have a wet weekend too.

3 comments:

Mike and Carla said...

Jessica, your pictures bring back memories of our days in Houston. I mentioned all the rain in Houston to Carla and she assured me it wasn't flooding in your area. Not so. I'm not surprised it's flooding in your area as well. James Michael is always full of surprises like filling his boot with water and then drinking it. He must have seen that on one of his TV shows. ked You never know what little boys will do next. At least with all the rain, it's cooler. Of course, the downside is when it stops raining and the sun comes out and the place becomes a steam bath. John looked like he was enjoying his bike ride. Those cherries really looked delicious. Carla and I love cherries. Hope you are doing well. I guess Carla and the twins will see you Sunday. Keep up the good work. Mike

ColleenDown said...

What a difference a year makes! I will try and remember this when drought hits my life! I just watched a segment on TV about different camera angles--looks like you should have taught it. (It was on Studio Five on July 13 if you want to google it) So now we MUST find your charger because Mike and I need our James fix every couple days...no sign of it here though ;-(. Thanks for making us so happy!

Anonymous said...

so it rains there too eh? those pictures look like Nanaimo every day of the week :/ Your belly is adorable, can't wait to meet the wee babe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...