Thursday, July 12, 2012

Unpacking Our Pictures...

  Despite the way it looks we didn't do our normal amount of lawn laying on this vacation.  Our trip to Utah was pretty action packed. But I am okay with that.  I have the next two months to get my dog days of summer on.  Here we are at BYU where it all began making a pilgrimage to the bookstore.
3 of my Utah friends have babies brewing in their bellies too.  It was so fun to visit with some of my besties,  Janna, Aubrie, and Abbie.  
   We've become quite the zoo hoppers this year.  This is the third in the last three months.  We joined Romney and her fam to see the new Rocky Shores exhibit.  Then we strolled around the shops at City Creek.

One of the things I was looking forward to the most was a Derby girl lunch.  It didn't disappoint.  The food was delicious and it was so nice to catch up and cool off in aunt Cathy's pool.

It was so good to finally meet Romney's new baby Brynlee since she was in Romney's belly last time I was there.


My favorite spot to see the sunset in Salt Lake.  I miss our nightly bike rides to this spot!

We did some summer sliding at the slopes at Snowbird.  I don't think James stopped smiling the whole time we were there.  He even loved the lifts.








My mom and dad at baby Charlotte's blessing
Catching up with my cousins in the Sabbath shade.
Nana and James made a stepping stone for her garden with his footprints
Utah made quite the impression on James.  He fell asleep on the way home from the airport and when he woke up on the couch we was crying to go back to Nana's.  Saying goodbye is hard, but we will be back before we know it.  Thanks for the hospitality family and friends.  Utah was a highlight of our summer!

4 comments:

Heather said...

It was so good to have you here.

Heather said...

It was so good to have you here.

Mike and Carla said...

Jessica, what WONDERFUL pictures. James is such a big boy now. We hope to see you and John and James soon. Thanks so much for all of the great pictures and welcome home to Houston. Mike

ColleenDown said...

I will always be grateful for someone who archives our life--you have given me one of the greatest gifts in being able to find beauty in everything-I find myself grabbing my camera more and more these days. (Oh my, seeing the stepping stone picture makes me realize I officially have grandma hands!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...