Friday, November 30, 2012

When We Get "Fever" We Go See Beyonce...

Not really, but as far as baby doctors go, this is as close as you get.  Our Yale graduated pediatrician is an R and B singer on the side.  Pretty cool!  I wish I could say we saw her in concert this week instead because we have sick kids.  But, we've all been singing the blues since we've returned from Oklahoma.  It's been the hardest motherhood week for me to date!  It is so heart wrenching seeing Rissy so stuffy and sick.  And physically exhausting changing diapers, nursing all day and night, and taking care of a James while feeling like I could keel over.  How I've missed my mom this week!  But as Destiny's child would say,
I'm a survivor (What?) 
I'm goin'na make it (What?) 
I will survive (What?) 
Keep on survivin' (What?) 
At least that is what I've been singing to my self;)
I think we are over the worst of it.  I am itchin' to pick up my camera again and catch Rissy's big smile she keeps flashing despite being sick.
 Hallelujah it is Friday and John will be home from work for the weekend.
Wishing all our loved ones a happy, healthy, holiday season.
Love, Jess

6 comments:

makana hansen said...

so happy we share the same dr. Well, we would have!

Anonymous said...

Sorry the kids are sick. I hope their OK relatives aren't responsible (including me)! Hang in there. Aunt Claudia

jessica&john.com said...

Thanks Aunt Claudia! I think there must be something going around. Everyone we know down here seems to have the same thing. The dishes you gave us have brightened my week. They are spread out on our dinning room table and every time I look at them I smile. I can't wait to feel better so I can start to plan our Christmas dinner.

ColleenDown said...

One more thing to like about the good Dr. She was really one of the nicest ladies in the profession I have ever met--lucky you and your kids!! I am thinking of a new "business" it will be some way to overnight chicken soup for the soul--this long distance grandma thing is just too hard for all parties involved. Glad to see you are feeling well enough to blog-and to FB very funny pictures!

Katelyn said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! Something is definitely going around in UT too. I wish that I could have been there to take care of you, although I'm glad you have such a good doctor! Miss you all!

The Vreelands said...

Hope you guys are fully recovered and out on many adventures soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...