Monday, June 3, 2013

Peles Castle and Sinaia Monastery...

Over the weekend I felt like I had stepped into a fairy tale.  This castle in the Carpathians was the summer palace of Romania’s first prince.  The mountain setting was breathtaking and the interior was exquisite!  It is one of the few European castles to still contain it’s original artwork, furnishings, and weaponry collection.   It was an interior designer's dream....Woodworking  from Tibet, chandeliers from Murano, and leather wall-coverings from the 17th century.   John paid extra for a VIP tour and a picture taking pass.  I betcha he made me happier than any princess who graced these palace halls.  Our best mommy-daddy date ever!



















4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous! What a globe trotter you are :)

ColleenDown said...

Aaah, my photographer princess in a fairy wonderland, art, design, architecture and flowers--definitely a top ten mommy/daughter cyber-date!

Anonymous said...

yay! I can see your blog again! (Did you take it down for a while?!) Looks so amazing! I love your adventurous 'up for anything' attitude you have!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...