Thursday, June 3, 2010

Playing at the Pool

Today I took you to the pool 3 different times. Two fish-like friends, like Ariel and Flounder. I can’t get enough of how happy your feet get when they are wet. I think it must have something to do with the 9 months you spent swimming in my belly... and why you weren't ready to dry out until a week after your due date.

Your tiny hands smack the surface of the water spraying beads on our faces splish splash,splish splash...The chlorine makes you cough, coughing makes you laugh, and your laugh is sunshine for my soul.

I can't keep my lips off your soggy head. Kiss Kiss Kiss. Pruned toes are a prelude to me carrying you out into the cool springtime air. I quickly swaddle you in terry cloth towels until you look like a snowman. Soon you will be what your daddy calls sawing toothpicks. Sleep deep my sweet...when you awake we’ll head back into the blue.

8 comments:

Erin and Daryl said...

Jessica! Your are such a cute mommy! Your a good writer and my sister and I were reading your post and kept saying, "AWWW." Keep up the good work girl.

cathyg said...

I want to go swimming with you guys! Come on over! WE can swim and nap and swim some more!!

ColleenDown said...

Finally--the pictures I have been dying to show everyone. Since this grandma rarely carries a wallet your blog is my only "bragging" spot.

steve down said...

Jessica,

Your blog is amazing but you are a most amazing daughter... I love you.

Dad

Heather said...

You are a poet! I am so glad the weather has finally warmed up so we can swim outside as well as in.

Our story said...

You are adorable and so is your little guy.We need to all get together and let our babies play.

MOLLY said...

cute! sailor loves the water too!!! at least i'm hoping she loves the pool as much as the tub... my parents pool is barely opening so we shall see. your post made me so excited for pool days. we will have to get together for some!

CAMI said...

so cute! and creative!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...