Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wonderful, Ripe, Watermelon Day...






Great Grandpa Down tells a story about how he grew up picking watermelons in Texas. Under the starry summer skies, he and his friends would sneak out to the fields, crack open the biggest melon, and rip out the center. Then they would sink their teeth into this sweetest, seedless part of the fruit. Which probably explains your passion for the pink produce it’s pretty much in your roots

I can’t believe you’re 8 months old. While I write this you are cuddled up to me with your first official fever. It breaks my heart to see you not your smiling, crawling, inquisitive self So I will take this short moment of silence to jot down a list of loves on this life log of mine

We love that your daddy’s Blackberry and car keys bring out your biggest grin. We love that you sleep best when your forehead is touching ours. We love that your eyes aren’t really a color but more of a metallic. We love that you have a grin as big as the Grand Canyon. We love your willpower to start walking even though you've barely mastered the crawl.

Baby James, If life were a watermelon, you’d be the center, the heart, the yummiest part... We are so lucky to be your parents and we love you.

6 comments:

Erin and Daryl said...

AWWW, babies and fevers are never good. They should not even go together. Not fun. I am glad that he has gotten to eat that watermelon though. Watermelon is so good for you. I read that watermelon can make your stomach look more toned....who knew:) maybe I should start doing sit ups. Good luck with the fevered baby. I am sure he will get to feeling better in no time with parents like you guys.

ColleenDown said...

Jessica-you really need to find a job as a graphic designer-these look like magazine spreads! Of course cute James helps! Glad he is feeling better!

Heather said...

Beautiful post and darling guy. I'm glad he was feeling better when we saw him yesterday. Good luck with the sleeping this week.

Laura said...

Oh, so cute. Those pics are priceless. And I love the post! So sweet!

cathyg said...

Well written post! Cute baby and one happy mama! You are so cute with him! Lunch was fun, good to see you!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures, and this post. You should get your blog printed into a book. I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...