Saturday, June 26, 2010

Utah Arts Fest

We hippied it up Friday night at the Arts Fest, where we watched Ballet West, ate delicious Thai food , and tarried in the fabulous fountains. It was a great reminder that with art, anything goes! I can use my new favorite shade of OPI pink nail polish, some paints, and a piece of paper to express my passion for my freshly planted Petunias. Sure a few elements and principles help with art’s aesthetics, but just the process of creating is exhilarating. Hopefully, I will be inspired and be able to post a product of my inner Picasso sometime soon.





If we were refurnishing a wing in our make-believe mansion, these would have been on our wish list. I am always huge on hue and John liked these steel sculptures...this one in particular of the Pac-Man like creatures kidnapping Grandma's garden gnome.
The Arts Fest goes on through tonight, so if you read this before then, put on your hemp and hightail it down to Library Square.

6 comments:

ColleenDown said...

I see Dad and John have something in common--he loves those steel guys with the gnome too! I wish I could figure out how to work this in to my schedule this weekend.

Chelsea said...

your little man is soooooooo cute!!!! so are you!

Laura said...

How fun! Nothing like a fun night out. James is SO adorable!

lulu said...

I love the pictures! Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to hit it up next year.

Heather said...

Oh, I wish I could have gone. I love both your picks. And that baby is a work of art himself.

Dale said...

John's Fav is fun and Daniel would love it (he wants to learn to weld so he can do that kind of art), but I'm more of a Jessica's Fav kind of guy. And I'm picky about my orange.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...