Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hakuna Matata

Our first day at Disney World was spent at the Animal Kingdom.  In a nutshell it is a Disney-ized zoo.  Like all things Disney touches, no detail was left untouched.  The exhibits where beautiful, and the greenery was gorgeous, and entertainment was extraordinary.  Highlights were The Finding Nemo Show, A Bugs Life 3-D, and our ten dollar turkey leg we shared for lunch.   But by far our favorite activity was the African Safari.  It was a jeep ride through a savanna filled with elephants, lions, rhinos, and other wild things.  It felt incredibly authentic and made me want to add Kenya safari to my bucket list.  So much to do before I die.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

The tree of life!!! Memories of my trip there with FCCLA ;)

Heather said...

What did James think of the Bug's Life Show? I remember it terrified my kids.

ColleenDown said...

So fun--glad you finally made it there since we had to pick and choose the vacation we went! So what are you shooting your pictures in, is it "raw" or do you edit them on Picassa--they look much different than the ones I take. Enjoy Dad, he can't wait to see you!

Laura Sellars said...

We loved Disney's Animal Kingdom last summer. Did you by chance see the Lion King show? It was our favorite!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...