Saturday, February 4, 2012

Three...Two...One...

Blast off!  James and I spent the day at the Nasa Space museum this week.  I love this place and always leave inspired by our world and the minds that took us to the moon.
 These are actual rocks from a lunar landing.  So cool.
 Have I mentioned how much I love being a mommy and being able to go to museums in the middle of the week.   Missing the crowds makes museums all the more magical and allows much more time for moon landing meditation.
When the astronauts first went to space they didn't have hand-held calculators and the engineers had to do all mathematical problems with a pencil and paper.  Crazy.  I don't know if I would have survived college without my trusty calculator.
 It is easy for me to forget that space is such an infinite, incredible place.  Thanks NASA. It was nice to be reminded.

My favorite part of the day though was coming home with a new appreciation of my hubbie's hot mathematical mind. What can I say, I am ga ga for my guy in glasses and this little man who takes me to the moon.

3 comments:

Katelyn said...

That museum looks amazing! I want to go next time I am there. And yay, a video! He is so stinkin cute.

Cheryl said...

James is the lucky one! Those museums and such are available to everyone, but it takes a great mommy like you to take the time and energy to get him there, play with him, appreciate him, etc. I'm so glad you're enjoying this time of your life and so glad John and James get to benefit!

ColleenDown said...

I remember in fifth grade going to see a moon rock on a field trip. It was a big deal and we had to stand in line for a long time in the Phoenix sun. I still remember though how exciting that one rock under glass was. Who knows someday, James may see a Mars rock or something! Maybe he will even go there, who knows :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...