Saturday, June 2, 2012

Reflections of my Calling...

From the movie Juno...
VANESSA (the mom who wants to adopt)
 Well, haven't you ever felt like you
 were born to do something?
 MAC (Juno's Dad)
 Yes. Heating and air conditioning.
VANESSA
Well, I was born to be a mother.
Some of us are.
I relate to that line by Jennifer Garner.  I too know I was 100 percent made to be a wifey and a mamma.   I believe there are different strokes for different folks, some women are made to be doctors, writers, business women, and some women can balance both.  Shoot for the stars, I say.   But for me, being able to be a 24/7 mom has made me completely content.  I feel like it is a blessing and a privilege to be able to do what I love and I hope I never take it for granted.  Sure there are some un-fun parts to my profession (diaper pails and under eye circles), but overall, this career takes the cake!  Here are a few of my favorite things around the office...  
Going off site: Early morning bike rides and playdates to parks, pools, and museums.

The plants around the office:  Newly bloomed Crepe Mrytle trees.
Break time:  Chocolate chip cookies.  John's Aunt Claudia and Grandmother gave me the lovliest set of dishes this last trip in Oklahoma.  Everytime I look at the pretty china it makes me smile. 
 make gif
Hanging around the water cooler:  Running through the sprinklers as the sun goes down has taken the place of our nightly walk ritual. 

The boss:  Ring around the rosie is an order not a request!

Business attire...or Risky Business;)
 Lately my office wear is a suit...
Today, James wore a soggy diaper after an impromptu swim.
(This picture reminds me of a quote my mom used to say.  "She'll wipe the butts if my dad will go work with them:)"  Ha ha.  Gladly!
Job Sharing:  John is usually home by five to join in on the fun.
Well, I better get back to bizness;)  Have a happy weekend!  Especially all you working around the clock with the kiddos.  XOXO, Jess

9 comments:

Mike and Carla said...

Great pictures, Jessica and very funny narrative. Life at the "office" is sure great. Being a full-time mother has the greatest rewards and they don't have to be monetary. You are raising the future of this country. Keep up the great work at the "office".

Chelsea said...

I have to agree :) you were mean't to be a mommy!!

Dave said...

It's high time you had a promotion to mother of two.

Dave said...

says Heather writing from Dave's computer.

cathyg said...

You make it look so perfect! You are the best! LOVE James' haircut! Can't wait to see you this month!
Love you lots!

cathyg said...

I just looked at your pictures again and saw you and James reflected in the sunglasses! So very cool!

A. Marley said...

Love your belly! Your blog is great!

ColleenDown said...

I love the way the myrtle tree matches the new china. And it is a good thing James got his "rowdy" genes from our side of the family because that picture looks like a total miniature John! Thanks for the positive outlook--even us old, senior moms need a reminder occasionally--I wonder if I can get Jake to go run through the sprinklers this afternoon so I can blog him!

Anonymous said...

jess, you look amazing! love the pictures, their making me long for a day where the sun shines! rainy, grey weather over here. Still have our heat on :/ You are a great mom, James and baby 'Kimme' (if it's a girl and you decide to name her that) are so lucky :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...