Friday, October 5, 2012

Just My Cup of Tea...

Erin, the first friend I made in Houston came up to see me a few days ago, so my mom set up a small garden tea party for us to enjoy in the gazebo.  Last week when I was doing all that walking trying to go into labor the three of us had a bonding experience at the Rothko Chapel.  My mom more eloquently blogged about it here.  But to summarize, I accidentally "desecrated" the dirty museum floor when James's stroller tipped and spilled my water.  The museum matron gave me paper towels and I was made to get on all fours with my nine month belly and clean it up.  Then she went on to furiously reprimand me because James wasn't sitting absolutely still in his stroller.  The whole experience was ridiculous and humiliating.  I hate it when people treat you inferior because you are a mother with small children.  Thankfully those circumstances are few and far between.  I am just grateful my life looks more like the paintings from Mary Cassatt than a Rothko during his dark days.







We dropped Nana off at the airport yesterday.  James started to cry uncontrollably when he found out she was leaving.  It was so sad and made my mom and I start to cry too.  We had such a nice time with her and we are so grateful for all of her help.  Hopefully, it won't be too long before we are enjoying an afternoon tea together again.  Love you mom!  XOXO, Jess

4 comments:

ColleenDown said...

I hope your friends click through both links--the contrast is rather humorous. I am so glad I got to meet Erin--sharing a traumatic experience always bonds people together. I am glad you recorded our little tea party so I can look back here and smile as the cold weather descends on me. Oh James, I can't think of you without tearing up!

Chelsea said...

Beautiful pics as always! And I must say less than a week post baby and u look amazing! I must say I still hadn't figured out how to wear anyway other than Jammie's and my hair was most definitely not done ;)

Mike and Carla said...

Jessica, Carl and I enjoy your blog so much with all the wonderful pictures and narratives. James and Clarissa are so wonderful as you are. Keep up the good work both as mother, wife, photographer and blogger.


I'm sorry that the museum matron insisted you get down on your hands and knees being so pregnant. That's totally unacceptable. You shouldn't have been treated in such a manner. I believe I would give the museum some feedback on their surly employee.

Abbie&Trevor said...

I finally had a second to catch up on all things Jessica! So sorry to hear about your wonderful experience on your walk... Only you could turn it around so nicely. Baby girl is so Beautiful and you look amazing. Can't wait to hear more about it:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...