Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Tree Tea...

Our trip-treat from John's business trip was Parisian macaroons.  Since this is a delicacy we don't have everyday James, Rissy, and I made it an occasion with a tea party.
Meet James's new best friend, Max.  He came home with us from our last trip to Oklahoma.  Max was John's best friend when he was little.  It is amazing he has lasted all these years.
John wasn't the biggest fan of coming home to his son sipping make-believe tea.  But he is just going to have to live with it since I no longer have sisters near by to brunch with.
I attended the Women's Club auction again this year.  It went much smoother than last;)  Last year the theme was "We Are Wild About the Holidays."  This year the theme was "We Are Still Wild About the Holidays."  I love that these ladies love their animal print!  




This isn't the country club.  At least not ours...Here are some photos from John's last trip to Romania.  He will be traveling here lots in the coming months.  
 Interesting facts about the Bucharest Parliament building...
It is the world's second largest building (after The Pentagon).
It houses 1 million cubic meters of  marble brought in from nearby Transylvania.
Construction on it started the year I was born ('83) by an evil dictator who starved the Romanian people:(
Madonna recently had a concert on the balcony.
Since I am much more home bound these days with two small kids I've been craving seeing new architecture and design like crazy.  Thankfully I have a hubby who takes time to bring me little bits of his travels home.  I so appreciate the small things like snapshots of trendy hotel bathrooms or macaroons from the Paris airport.
I hope everyone has a nice weekend with lots of holiday parties and cheer!  Love you!  Jess

3 comments:

Katelyn said...

Oh I love these pictures! I'm craving another girls Europe trip...I guess I'll have to live through John for now. Yesteday I had an urge to watch Alice and Wonderland and it made me think of James. Please come visit soon!

ColleenDown said...

So much to take in in one blog. Romania to the Club, teatime (in sundresses in Dec) to your beautiful tree. I would love more pictures from the country club and John==like Katelyn said we are all living through John-and twice a year through you at the ladies luncheons-thanks for posting food!! I second Katelyn-please come visit soon-we will provide the food--and tea!

Anonymous said...

I love that you use your fine china! you have inspired me to use mine. (my 'not so fine' china, that is. But it's matching so I call it 'fine')

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...