Friday, December 21, 2012

God Fearin' Grandmas...

Darlin', doll, sweet pea, sugar, honey bee... all pet names these two Paula Deen like ladies call my baby.  They both have become some of my best friends from church this past year.  They hail from the South and I love positively everything about them… their love of shopping, their charitable hearts, how much they adore my kiddos, the fact that they drive a Hummer, their sweet southern accents, how they wanted to sluff Sunday School as much as I did the other day:)…we are kindred spirits in so many ways.  I am grateful for their example and friendship and hope my best friend Kimme and I can be just like them someday.  Here is what they brought Rissy to wear for Christmas Sunday.  They knit the beautiful blanket to wrap her in also.  They said they had spent the day searching for a purse and black shiny shoes for her too.  Oh, I love them!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Oh I wish I could see Rissy in that dress. What great ladies.

ColleenDown said...

It makes me so happy to know that there are good people watching out for you and my grandkids. Angels everywhere this time of year--hope you are feeling better!

Cathy G said...

How fun! I bet they enjoyed shopping for that! Your baby is beautiful, can't wait to see a picture of her in the dress! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

that is so nice! I hope we can be like them someday too :)

Anonymous said...

that is so nice! I hope we can be like them someday too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...