Sunday, March 3, 2013

In My Element...

I left my babies with my mom for a sibling ski day at Solitude.  I am no longer as brave as my boulder skiing brothers, but I still think I was born to breath thin air, because I can't get enough of this beautiful place...


.



Carolyn joined us for the day too.  Love this girl!

My brothers scaled this ridge and dropped down into the fresh powder.  It is serious stuff.  It took three hours, and they had to carry shovels and beacons,  Not me, because I am a mama and now prefer to ski the speed of molasses:)

My brother Zac works up here half the year.  Apparently a Disney movie called Cloud Nine was being filmed here a few days before.  I may or may not have spent the day pretending I was one of the stars.




My brothers are skiing rock stars.  Zac was on the cover of the resort page a few days ago.  
Thanks mom for making me go.  It was such a gorgeous day!  And thanks to my brothers for not forgetting who taught them to snowplow and hooking a sister up.  Love you!  Jess

3 comments:

John said...

Looks like fun - wish I had been there.

Anonymous said...

well, you definitely look the part of a star in a Hollywood movie! It is so sunny there. today was the first sign of sun we have had in almost two weeks. I have ski envy :)

ColleenDown said...

I can't believe you are getting all this blogging in between all the excitement. I love living vicariously on the slopes through everyone...looks like a beautiful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...