Thursday, March 14, 2013

Wishing for a Romanian Holiday...

While I was in Utah for three weeks, John was working in Romania.  When I traveled for work, I told myself I wasn't going to be jealous of John's future business trips.  Your time is mostly spent working, in airports, and eating greasy meals.  I know it is exhausting and you just long to be home with family. But hearing about what he did on his day off made me achy for adventure.  I know I will have a chance to travel again eventually, but until that day comes, here are his pictures to tide me over...
This is Old Town and John is standing in front of the restaurant Caru Cu Bere.  One of the best restaurants for traditional Romanian food.
Sushi bridge...Beautiful!
The Black Sea - John is helping to plan a new pipeline.

View from his hotel room balcony.
The "Black Church" (a fire long ago made the walls black) in the town of Brasov.  Brasov hosted the Junior Olympics the week prior to John's visit.
View of Brashov from the White Tower


Peles Castle built by the first King of Romania.  He was German and missed his home country so built his castle in the mountains in Germanic style.
Sinaia Monastery named after Mount Sinai.
Rope Street supposedly the most narrow street in Europe.  Not much of a street.
Brasov city center with the "Black Church" in the background.







Walking up to Bran - or Dracula's - Castle.



















Skyping the sunrise with John before I went to bed in Utah.  The time difference was nine hours.
Having a little Romanian room service over the internet.
Here is a five minute ride through some of the places he went.  

5 comments:

Cathy G said...

I think it is awesome that he takes so many great pictures and shares it with you! He even took pictures of food! So good to see you here, though! Love you!

ColleenDown said...

John told me it wasn't too cold there. It looks like in some of the pictures--it was cold there!! These are great! We can all live our lives on the road now with John. What an amazing world out there, hope you will get to share it with him soon. Meanwhile enjoy the Azaleas!

Chelsea said...

You have some interesting people commenting lol! Great pics

Heather said...

Based on the pictures I am not buying the greasy food complaint. I have never had Romania on my places to visit, but I'm thinking now it looks like a fascinating place.

Anonymous said...

wow, now I feel like I've been to Romania except I didn't get to try the yummy food :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...