Thursday, September 23, 2010

Friends, Festivals, and Fall Leaves....

Once a year, all willpower goes out the window and we live "Las Vegas style" at the State Fair. We stuff ourselves with fried foods, see all the sideshows, and give our cash to the carnies.. And, for a few fabulous hours it feels like we are five again...

James was focused on his mama's treat. I've been craving one all summer since we started watching Arrested Development... "There's always money in the banana stand!" Ha ha..
Love. that. show.

This lamb wanted a closer look at these two lovelies.

I love watching the kiddos ride the kiddie rides. Who knew waving from the fence would be so much fun?!


Trying to win a dirty, ginormous teddy bear is always so enticing at the carnival.

James actually likes to look at animals now and not just the people or some random thread on his blankey.






Confession..We like to take James on things that makes his heart skip a beat because he gives us hugs:) Don't judge:) After you have had one, you would do the same.
The next day we headed to the cabin with Heather and fam for a little flavor of Fall.

The weather was wonderful..."Not to hot, not too cold... All you need is a light jacket." Thank you Miss Congeniality:)
Homemade waffles with fresh blueberries, a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of coconut syrup... a breakfast Jack Johnson songs are made of.




The picture of the black horse was taken right before a Stallion slimed us through the sunroof. Serious! A pack of them crowded our car and I pretty much stopped, dropped, and screamed... but didn't roll... the window that is... Luckily John was there to save us. I obviously don't have the career of nature photographer in my near future:)

And since I am going to NEED to see these pics on some dreary December day...

These little ones melt my heart more than the Popsicle in the picture! I still have to pinch myself when I am having a play date by the pool. Being a mom is pretty marvelous! We were celebrating before Susie had to head back to Milwaukee for Dental school and Marci made her big move to Bear Lake. So sad. Why can't my amigos keep their casa's close by?!


"There are two kinds of people-Greeks, and everyone else who wish they were Greek" I am in the latter but...I can down a gyro with the best of them:) Me and my VT companion visited the Greek Festival last weekend in SLC. I am always down for a festival focused on Feta and Baklava. Now after far too many weeks feeding my face my next rendezvous will be with my running shoes!

7 comments:

lulu said...

Looks like you've had some fun-filled adventures these days! I went to the state fair as well.. very interesting place to people watch ;)
and i'm loving the fall colors.. I need to make it to the cabin asap!

ColleenDown said...

These pictures have totally motivated me to get in touch with my inner camera. I can't wait for you to show me some of your tricks.

Anonymous said...

how fun! I love the picture of James hugging John after he terrified the little guy on a kiddie ride :) We need to get out little guys together...soon!

The Vreelands said...

James is getting so big. What a cute little boy. Really, you guys do so many fun adventurous things!

Anonymous said...

I always motivated by you, your opinion and way of thinking, again, thanks for this nice post.

- Norman

Laura said...

What fun times you are having. Love all the memories shared and the pics. You are an amazing photographer! :)

Laura said...

What fun times you are having. Love all the memories shared and the pics. You are an amazing photographer! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...