Sunday, September 12, 2010

Greetings from the Grand America...

It seems like every few years I’ll have a week that totally rocks my socks! A zippity doo dah, Mr blue bird’s on my shoulder, kind of week. Of course, we have our cloudy days too. The ones where when it rains it pours… but, I don’t post those here. Because this little blog of mine is where I go during those times to remind me of the happy days we've had and will continue to have...

One of John’s work vendors had an extra room at the Grand America for the week that we jumped on like a frog on a fly! At the beginning it seemed a little over-the-top and not so much my cup of tea, but by the end, this Gregory was thinking she could get used to such a Gossip Girl-esque lifestyle...


A few leaves and a cool fall breeze was a gentle reminder that there won't be many more days like this. I am trying to be strong for my baby's first September's sake...But seriously, Summer, I'm not ready for our romance to end!


By far my favorite part was coming back to the room each night and being surprised by a second round of maid service , turned down sheets, relaxing piano music playing, and a chocolate on the pillow....Oh ya, they left ice-water by the bed! Ice-water!



I am much more open to a staycation in Salt Lake with our vacation mula in the future!


James pretty much had a perma grin the entire week. A smirk, like he knew this place was much better than our Holiday Inn- hotel house we've been staying in all summer.


A blissful bubble bath that I could have soaked in 'til sunrise!




This is James's new brother, Canon the camera ...a belated b-day present that was the biggest reason of a Bluebird being perched on my shoulder this week.


Issac helping me pack down our pretentious pillow- top.


The Sullivans came to visit for a few hours to live La vida loca. People probably thought there was a pack of polygamists at the pool. Since it was Heather, Dave, I, and all the kiddos. And my sis and I could pass for a couple of 14 year old brides. But we still pretended like we were the Pitts and wrapped up in two towels each.






We all ate at Bruges Waffle shop. A recommendation from my Aunt Cheryl. A waffle that had baked Belgium chocolate in the middle..a brilliant duo for dinner!




View from the balcony that we pretended was London's Big Ben.




Romantic breakfast for two please!.. John was busy with meetings, school, and work, so it was mostly me and my little man.


James loves to see the temple




John joining us at temple square after a long day of meetings.



Heather and I did a little baby-sitting bargaining and James went home to Heber with his cousins for his first sleep over without me or John. I don't think I have slept so soundly since I was single! The perfect week ended with a pedicure, breakfast at Burger King (so not to break the bank:), and a stroll through the shops of downtown.
Now we have loads of laundry, a lawn to be mowed, and bills to be paid...
But I think I will put on some relaxing music, turn down my sheets, and put a flower bud vase on our kitchen table, just to make life a little more Grand at the Gregory's.

8 comments:

Romney said...

What a fun week! I'm still super bummed we didn't get to come hang out with you guys! Maybe next time!

Cheryl said...

I love your life and I almost love even more the retelling of your life. The camera appears to take really great pictures. And I couldn't be happier that my Bruge's Waffles recommendation was a hit. Enjoy your grand life!!!

Abbie&Trevor said...

I am so sad that I couldn't make it down to meet. Now that i see those pictures I am so jealous. What a fun time jess. I have to meet this new brother.... Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Dale said...

You got a new camera?! Well then I'm gonna have to get a new camera.

Aubrie West said...

L.O.V.E.

What a fun thing for you to do. I love your story telling. You should get started on that book!

lulu said...

looks dreamy! i need to spend a night at that hotel one day!

The Vreelands said...

Now that is the life! What a fun thing to do.

Anonymous said...

You must love your camera! You already look like a pro, the pics are beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...