Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cars, Drugs, and Coconuts...

Heather passed on a bunch of hand-me-down baby clothes that were given to her from my aunts.

I love these clothes! They are so unique, and retro, and totally bring me back to the days of perms and parachute pants... Yup, you’re not going to find any get-ups like these right now at Gymboree....

Yesterday I walked into the kitchen and was surprised by James in my palm plant shaking it like there were coconuts hidden in the leaves... I think the Hawaiian hand-me-down he was wearing made it seem more hilarious... So instead of my usual “no getting into mama’s plants" scold, I snapped a picture, swept up the soil, and decided I should probably just buy my son a sandbox.


Then when John came home and said his son looked like a Colombian Drug Lord I couldn't help but crack up again. Do any of my loyal aunty readers know where this outfit first originated? All I know is that it makes me want to go to Maui!

And I will leave you with this shot... because the sight of it somehow made me feel loads better after I got my first speeding ticket this afternoon.

8 comments:

ColleenDown said...

I didn't realize that the outfit wasn't totally in! I am so glad Dad wasn't with us this afternoon--he was so mad that "that jerk" (not the word he used) would do that to his little girl. It is just best that Andy came to your rescue and not Dad! I am afraid we may have been on the news.

Heather said...

That outfit doesn't go back so far as you think. Someone brought it back from Hawaii for Isaac. I loved the pictures!

Sounds like there may be quite a story behind this speeding ticket. Did you ask the cop to pose for a picture so you could blog about it?

Cheryl said...

There is nothing I love more on a very busy day than a quick blog read that makes me laugh out loud. I was wishing I could claim the shirt just to be a part of the story.

And will you please blog about the ticket so we can help you find humor in one of those experiences that most assuredly ruined your day.

We love you all - no matter what you're wearing!

Dave said...

Looks like Heather already responded that outfit was one of the newer our kids wore, James looks sooo cool.

Romney said...

I loved the pic of James in the plants!! It was so cute! I agree with Cheryl....we need to hear the story about your ticket!!

The Vreelands said...

I really like his shirt. That is so funny that the shirt inspired him to play in the "sand". :) It is nice to know that other kids play in their parents potted plants...because Austin does it all the time.

That is too bad about the speeding ticket.Sounds like the cop wasn't very nice to you. Sorry about that. You should make Gelato...ice cream always makes me feel better when I haven't had the best day.

Cathy G said...

Great post Jessica! Love all the pictures. Sorry about the ticket! That can ruin a day, glad your boy cheered you up!

Anonymous said...

haha, columbian drug lord! john is hilarious :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...