Friday, October 1, 2010

Awe Inspiring Autumn Hues



I have a new favorite color fad that will be trending down your city streets really soon.... Shades of topaz yellow, persimmon red, and tourmaline green. The perfect palette for a picnic in the park... with your peeps:)

I would say one of the best parts of living so close to the marvelous mountains is getting to enjoy all the pretty colors before they show up in Paris.

James, Andy, my mom, and I spent Tuesday afternoon up Big Cottonwood Canyon trying to capture what we could on our cameras...I wish I could have bottled how breathtaking this day was... I would sip on it all winter long and drink a serious dose on some grey January day... At least I have blogging as a way to savor the sweet parts of life. Yup, Mr. pretentious police officer on a power trip... not even your flashing blue could bring me down on a day as sublime as this...





Alex, I'll take Utah trivia for $500.... This is the spot where the pioneers gathered back in the day (1857 to be exact) to celebrate Utah becoming a state. There were 2587 people, 1028 horses and mules, and 332 oxen.
Why the heck do I have all that info?... Andy took 344 photos on my camera, so of course a picture of the plaque was included.








Before I die I want John to carve our initials into a tree. Not very eco chic but oh, so romantic!








Move over Ansel Adams! Andy took half of these pictures.






Halfway up the mountain we stopped at the restaurant my bro, Zac, is working at for a delightful lunch on the patio. The view was stunning, the service superior, and the atmosphere was chillaxed!








Did I mention the service was stellar?!






Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
-Albert Camus

I love it when Andy goes all paparazzi with my camera. I feel like I might show up on the pages of People magazine.







Without a doubt my favorite photo of the trip!

8 comments:

Cathy G said...

Those are some amazing pictures! When I am old and sitting in my rocker, I will look at your blog all the time, Jessica!

ColleenDown said...

Only you and I know the difficulty of getting a picture of "you know who" This one brought tears to my eyes. I have got to get on the ball and blog mine but you are so much more clever-thanks for sharing your talents with us!

Romney said...

What amazing pictures! I felt like I was there with you!! I absolutely love that picture of Andy and James! So precious!

Heather said...

Gorgeous! I think your camera was a gift to all of us. I all the pics

Chelsea said...

beautiful I miss utah in the fall:) i love the one of Andy and James:)

Anonymous said...

what gorgeous photos! you are so talented...or should I say Andy is so talented :) Looks like a fun day, once again I wish I could have been there.
ps. you look so pretty!

Abbie&Trevor said...

Ahhhh. You make me want to soak up some serious Yellow hues up some beautiful canyon. Love your picts. I think our next adventure needs to be up some beautiful canyon!

Laura said...

Wow... those pics are breathtaking! They make me miss Utah so much. I love this time of year. Thanks for sharing your fun afternoon! And the pic of Andy and James... no words can describe. Love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...