Saturday, October 9, 2010

Conference Weekend Recap...


My babysitting bargaining came to fruition last weekend. So I headed up to Heather's house in Heber. I am so head over heals for this town and would love to live there if John's work wasn't so far away.

She asked me to do some crafts with her kiddo's to make things a little more spooky around the Sullivan home. So with a trip to the dollar store, a little spray paint, and a saw... I turned Drew and Issac into little Tye Penningtons and performed extreme makeover Halloween edition....
Since the graveyard scene underneath her picture of Christ looked a bit sacrilegious we did a small art installation with a plastic table cloth cover.

I love these boys like they are my own. But I am thankful they come one at a time and I usually have my hubby there to help out. Because this chica needed a serious nap after that action-packed 24 hour period.


It's already apparent... these two toddlers are going to be trouble. You guessed it, I was on the other side of the glass... locked out by these mischievous little munchkins?!

We decided to take a stroll around Albion Basion Campground to find a spot for next summer (#23 would be sublime). Because of the forthcoming frost it was as deserted as a theater after closing night. The only sound was leaves crunching under our feet; like fallen popcorn post performance.


Yup, the summer starlet has taken her bow and winter wonderland is waiting in the wings. And we can’t wait to buy our tickets for all the up and coming acts...Skiing, snowboarding, and sledding galore.

Saturday can be summed up with Pizza, Priesthood, and Pumpkins....If you need a place to eat in Draper try Sweet Home Chicago Pizzeria. The view on the patio gets an A for atmosphere and the pizza's pretty tasty too.



And thanks to Dave's MoTab mom, we were able to spend Sunday morning at Music and the Spoken Word and the first session of GC. I am feeling pretty mature because I probably enjoyed this date more than dinner and a movie.
After visiting Europe and finding it so complicated to find bathrooms my testimony of the church has been strengthened. The architecture of this building is spectacular and you could get lost in the loo (which I think is inspired from above!)

9 comments:

The Vreelands said...

Wow...you did such a great job decorating Heather's house for Halloween! Thanks for always leaving me the cutest comments on my blog. I always look forward to you leaving one! We also hope to see you this Saturday!

cathyg said...

Awesome decorating and you must be one of the most fun babysitters ever! Great pictures, as always!

Anonymous said...

jessica, I am loving the pictures! you are a photographer turned pro!

Heather said...

Thanks for spending the weekend with us Sullies, making my house sppok-tacular, and documenting it all. What would I do if you moved to Saudia Arabia.

Cheryl said...

I think you are amazing! That's my comment. I wish I were like you and could see the world through such artistic eyes. You are indeed maturing in so many, many ways. How fun for me to have a seat to watch it all. I might just have to print that picture of the boys with the rats and use it as a Halloween decoration at my house!

Dale said...

I'm sure enjoying your photos Jessica. I love the black and white photo of the boys in the windows with the rats. Pretty cool.

Dave said...

Thanks Jessica for the awesome pictures! I love the one with Eli at the pumpkin patch. Any chance of cropping that into a 5X7 for my parents wall of grandchildren?

Abbie&Trevor said...

I agree... Heber is spectacular. Your pictures made all my childhood memories come flooding back. Trev and I have always wanted to live up there. I miss it!

Michelle Wilkes said...

Oh, I wish you lived close so you could help me out! We would have a blast, and I'm way too pregnant to do it myself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...