Monday, October 25, 2010

A Witchen Weekend!



For the past couple of years the Down Annual Haunted House has morphed into a humongous Harry Potter party in Heber. Heather and Dave are doing all seven books, and this year was The Chamber of Secrets.

I had to do a little Wikipedia-ing to get the names of the witches and wizards right, because it’s been since high-school that I was into the whole Hogwarts thing. But after doing a little research ... I can safely say, they did a sensational job at simulating the Harry Potter sequel. So without further adieu... a glimpse at the Gregory wizarding and witches weekend...


Harry Potter himself!


Sybil Treylawney about to tell James his fortune:
Apparently he has a fortune in his future! Yup, dollar signs were seen in Sybil's tea leaves!


I guess the devil decided to drop in:)


Every wizard needs a wand!





After a wands where made, the kids left platform 9 and three quarters and climbed into a fifth wheel... I mean the Hogwarts Express:)... for a whip around the block ...


The Whomping Willow was there to give a warm welcome to the wannabe wizards.


Professor Snape performed a lecture on potions...Soda pop, a pinch of pus, and a dollop of dragon tears... A drink that could cure the common cold...or create a mouth full of cavities:)


Gilderoy Lockhart...an egotistical wizarding celebrity...was available to sign books and show his shining smile.


A wee little wizard in training








Isaac at Hagrid's house trying to grab spider before the big kahuna spider came down for a kill.




The kids getting their Quidditch on. Dave's mom was a tough opponent.


A Weasley and a witch... Professor Mcgonagall to be exact:)
My man looking like he could part the Red Sea:)



Eli being sorted...Slytherin perhaps...no He's too sweet...How about Hufflepuff?


Nana was in charge of the Bertie Botts Shop...a staple for any hungry Hogwarts student.




"Expell Kiddiosis" A spell saying, "party is over...parents come pick up your kiddos!:)"


Holy cow...I should have had Heather be a guest writer for this post... because this potter stuff is a bit over my head:)...In the end they had to fight Jake...Who I am sure was simulating some villain I am too worn out to Wikipedia about:) But the kids were thrilled to have a throw down with an older kid who always let them win out of the goodwill of his heart.


Thanks for the fun time sis! You are Two Hogwart hosts that can throw a heck of a Harry Potter party!

12 comments:

Michelle Wilkes said...

How fun! Wish I coulda been there!

lulu said...

Looks like another successful Sullivan Halloween party!! I'm sure those kids had a blast! And I can't get over how perfect Cheryl is for Treylawney :)

jessica&john.com said...

It was a witchen good time--although I am afraid that I may have eaten one of those "booger beanies" because I have developed a scary cold--perhaps Snape would be so kind as to whip me up one of his potions. I will start reading number 3 right away.

ColleenDown said...

whoops even my email is haunted tonight--Nana has the cold-Jessica was here whipping up a dinner potion and must have used my computer.

Isaac Family said...

K. That is the cutest idea ever! I love it. How clever- all of the characters were so well-played. Especially Prof. Trelawney! I'm a bit of a Potter dork. Love you guys!

Cheryl said...

I'm so grateful to have an official family blogger. Can I just steal your blog and pictures??? The party was as fun as last year, and I loved the new twists this year. I'm glad to be part of a fun family, and I'm glad I've finally found a really good use for my naturally frizzy hair!!

jessica&john.com said...

Go for it Aunt Cheryl! Maybe we should trade off posts of family events. You can do the next one:)

Romney said...

I'm so bummed I couldn't come!! Next time I will make sure to ask for work off so I can be there!! It looks like it was amazing!! What a fun idea!

Laura said...

Hahaha! I LOVE it. Seriously, props to them for doing all 7 books! I'll have something to look forward to reading about every Halloween! You make an excellent McGonigal (spell?) and your hubby is a great Dumbledore! :) I have a great recipe for Butterbeer if they want it for next year! :)

Abbie&Trevor said...

The party was amazing. How creative. Millie was in LOVE with the idea. We are going to have try it some time. Im worried it won't be so wonderful. Your sister did such a great job.

cathyg said...

The Sullivans are the party people! I hope there is an extra Gildaroy picture with an autograph! Great coverage, Jessica! How do you participate and document??? Love the report!

Anonymous said...

Your family is so much fun! I want to say that we are going to do that too but I know nothing about Harry Potter! I have to say that those pictures make it very tempting to start reading the series :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...