Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ten memories I'm taking with me when I meet my maker.....

Warning: This might be sappy and sentimental but I'm feeling sorta spiritual...
1) Sunshiny September: The weather has been more than obliging this past month. I am so thankful for the extension of summer and an extra month of wild flowers flourishing in the fields by our house.

Lately I have been addicted to pedaling my bike to the temple. It’s pretty much a spinning class from hell pulling Burley and my baby up the hill. But once I make it, it is marvelous! I've been looking for pockets of Paris wherever I can in this desolate dessert I call home. And this, my friends, is my Latter-day Saint Sacre Coeur. Once I get there I say my morning prayers while James crawls around the garden. Toned thighs and a spiritual high... you can’t get that combo at any old athletic club.

I love being my little tykes tour guide. teaching him all this lovely life has to offer... last week's lesson...playing in puddles 101.

4) Walks with Strollers: My photographer friend, Abbie, took these cute pictures of James on one of our jogs up Provo Canyon. She snapped them like it was nothing and she even had her toddler in tow. If you are in need of a photographer check this chica out!

There is something so therapeutic about the feeling of warm water, a babies bum, and the smell of Johnson and Johnson shampoo. I'm always covered in suds, and would love to take a long nap after... but sandwiched between being sweaty and soaked there is always a moment of pure baby bathing bliss.

#6. My sweet hubby: Obviously these loves are not in order because this would be on top.
I am so head over heels and I am lucky to have such a helpful, hardworking hubby who I have loved watching become an wonderful dad.

It is a good thing I have a pedaling habit to go along with my passion for pie eating . Especially since saying I overindulged on Aunt Cheryl’s Peach Pie last weekend would be an understatement.

You. Have. To. Try. This: Fresh Peach Pie

Slice 3 large peaches into cooked pie shell.

Mash 2 more peaches and add:

1 c. sugar

3 TBSP cornstarch

½ c. water

Cook 5 minutes until it boils.Add ½ tsp. almond flavoring and 2 TBSP butter.Pour over sliced peaches, then chill. Serve with whipped cream on top.

#8 President Monson: This is the sight I saw when I came out of the church at the General Relief Society meeting a few weeks ago. The sky looked tropical and the view of the valley was invigorating. President Monson gave the Best Talk. I loved the mother Teresa quote he shared... "If you are judging people, you have no time to love them."

# 9 My Derby gals: I am so blessed by this sisterhood and thankful to have grown so close the past few years.
10) Kimme's vacay pics: Okay this is kind of a stretch and I won't have this memory ingrained in my soul but I am trying to make it to ten. Check out these lovely pics on my BFF's blog if you are in need of a vicarious vacation. And a big shout out to her because this Thursday is her B-day!

TAG: Now you're it!
This is Cheesy: But it is like a Pepsi-cola for your soul
What were 10 of you favorite moments this past September or summer?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are my top ten (not necessarily in order)
1. Cash's 2nd birthday party at Parksville Beach
2. Trip to Mexico :)
3. Getting our sweet baby girl, Pippa Bean
4. Getting into blogging (which I have you to thank)
5. Summer evening strolls to the near by Dairy Queen with the fam
6. Getting my very own Townie bike and towing Cassius everywhere
7. Painting
8. Learning to like (not love...yet) BC rain
9. Pedicures (superficial, but totally necessary)
10. Reading your blog everyday, you are like my morning cup of Joe :)

lulu said...

you are such a cute mom! and you make it sound so fun... but no worries, i will wait. haha

my fav. memories:
1. living in hawaii
2. becoming a blog-lover
3. bike rides in the canyon
4. road trip with my besties
5. sunsets from my parents deck
6. eating dinner on the back porch
7. peaches & milk
8. all the pretty flowers
9. camping
10. eating LOTS of ice cream

Heather said...

Great list. You lead a beautiful life. I'm inspired. I'm not going to bed until I do the same.

Heather said...

Um, that last comment was before Isaac's "centipedes are going to get me" drama...maybe I'll make my list tomorrow. I'm going to bed.

Cheryl said...

Your life is beautiful. You make the everyday things beautiful. I love you for that. I'm with Heather that it's too late to make a list right now, but I'll think a list as I go off to sleep and ponder your list.

Abbie&Trevor said...

I just love you Jess.... You inspire me to be a better blogger( you might need to help me with that) to be a better friend and to be a more inspirational writer. I am blessed to call you one of my best friends. Im super cheesy too so that's ok:)
I will make my list on my blog.

Laura said...

Great, inspiring list. I will have to do this soon...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...