Monday, October 18, 2010

Ga-ga-Boo-la-la...


From the fabulous fajitas, fun games, and ghoulish decor...this party was pretty much to die for. We missed it last year because I was sorta in the maternity ward and wasn't thinking 9 months prior...but mark my words...next pregnancy will be planned around this party J!

I was Lady Gaga, clad in her "made from meat" dress she wore to the VMA’s. Here I am posing with my p-p-p-poker faceJ Apparently I am the only one who reads People as I am passing time in the grocery store line...because besides Alison, I don’t think anyone really knew who I was. Even my barely "tween" babysitter thought I was bananas.
John was a BP oil cleaner-upper ( BP standing for BAD PLANNING).

Her cute country house was decorated like a haunted Halloween haven!



The games we play are always so creative and fun and the prizes are totally worth being ultra competitive. Alison should create a monster mash marriage counseling center because John and I are always closer after we compete with the other couples...Not something that happens after something like Scrabble.
I love this Lady-bug. Thanks for the great night Alison and Mike! I think it is safe to say we now officially have the Halloween Spirit.

7 comments:

lulu said...

Jess your costume is brilliant!
I knew exactly who you were right off cause I watched the VMA's and thought "leave it to lady gaga to wear a meat dress" haha but for the record... you pulled it off way better! :) looks like a fun party!

ColleenDown said...

I am old and didn't even watch the VMA's but I had seen "the dress" many times within the next 24 hours---what planet do your friends live on? I think you two definitely deserve the best costume awards. If I had a party to go to I would be borrowing. I am sure that Allison appreciates your picture anthropology of her annual party!

ColleenDown said...

P.S. This picture reminds me of the section in People magazine--or one of those magazines you read when you get a pedicure--where it says, "Who Wore This Dress Better" Jessica or Lady GaGa? I would vote for Jessica!

Heather said...

I must confess to living under a rock in the mountains because I had never heard of the dress until you mentioned it. It's probably because it is not reported on stations that play the Wiggles and I haven't had a pedicure in a year. But just the same, I think your costume is fabulous!

The Vreelands said...

You did look great! Thanks for coming...you and John are so much fun! Also, thank you for the great pictures...I didn't get a chance to take any and you are amazing at taking pictures!

cathyg said...

I think your costume looks amazing! You look better than the original!! Sounds like a great party!

Cheryl said...

I love how you channeled your inner Lady Gaga. I'm a little surprised your friends weren't aware... I totally agree with Colleen that you wore it better. And I'll have to find out what John's tar was made from. That was pretty funny. The party looked super fun. As always, your post made me smile. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...