Saturday, October 16, 2010

Legends from the Fall...


Yesterday the weather was too wonderful to waste away, so I facebooked my brother, Zac, and within the hour we were walking in the wildness in search of a little beaver abode up Big Cottonwood Canyon.

One of the things I love about life is the concept of spontaneity. Knowing that I can wake up thinking it will be just another ordinary day... with dishes, diapers, and deciding what’s for dinner... and then out of the blue...I end up in this spot, feeling like I am on a vacation in the golden Appalachians...


When we started our hike the leaves were looking like a faded old flannel shirt... then we rounded a corner and came upon a clearing where the colors were as exuberant and outstanding as ever!


James...pre booking it right into the beaver pond.




Hiking might just be the best workout! We hiked for four fabulous hours and I didn't even realize I was exercising until this morning when my muscles felt like mush:)

The reflection of the trees in the water looked like Mother Earth was having an exhibit on abstract art.


If I didn’t have a ring on my finger, I would marry the mountains... (and have a hot affair with the ocean once a yearJ)
My bro is a great hiking companion/ tour guide... I learned so many new things about animal tracks, history of the area, and he gave my back a break by caring James.


It’s hard to believe that by Halloween, this area will be frosted over and probably have a foot snow. But Hallelujah, there is hope... for occasionally we also have an impromptu and spontaneous ski dayJ

5 comments:

Romney said...

I LOVE both your posts!! You take amazing pics and I would love for you to teach me!! I'm glad you were able to go hiking! I wish we live closer and I'd go with you!

Suzi said...

I love these photos! It makes me miss Utah SO much. Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl said...

More amazing pics! I was especially glad to see some fun shots of the elusive Zac! I'm so glad you enjoyed the hike and that you have a chance to have some of those spontaneous moments.

Heather said...

When you publish your blog book it will look like one of those expensive travel books they sell at the Grand America gift shop. Lovely, as always.

cathyg said...

Beautiful pictures again, Jessica! Spontaneous days are the best. It sounds like a fun trip in the mountains and the farmer's market.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...