Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Great Golf Day...

John golfed for the first time on the course above our house for a work tournament. As you can see, the grass really is greener on the other side of our fence. I just wish they would open it up to bikers so I could bring my Burley. I guess I am just going to have to make it my goal to become a golfer when I'm a granny... so I too can enjoy the great outdoors swanky style.


John's won this crystal ball for getting the best score of the tournament (I looked into it and saw a swimming pool in my future:) His team score was a 10-under 62!
Oh ya, this is what I did for a good hour today while James napped... had a photoshoot with his trophy. I am taking photography 101 (ie... watching every tutorial I can on youtube). Todays assignment: depth of field (making the background fuzzy). I was pretty proud it finally worked until John mentioned you can't read the words on the trophy...details details details:)...just the daily dynamics of an artist and an analytic duo:)

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

awesome pics i love the first one with the greyish background:)

ColleenDown said...

This does not look like woodchopping! Amazing pictures though--I can't wait for you to show me a few things. We will have to have a photography conference next week.

Heather said...

I think it's great that you spent an hour photographing the trophy. Every kid needs a photographing aunt.

cathyg said...

Way to learn by watching youtube videos! That's how I do photoshop, just read something and try it (sometimes I have to read it again and again!) Practicing is time consuming, but the best way to learn!

Cheryl said...

I'm laughing about the artist/analytic duo comment. Poor Dale is his own artist/analytic duo right in his own head! He feels your struggle every day. I, too, love your new photographic skills. Way to use the new camera.

The Vreelands said...

I agree...these are great pictures.You are amazing! I hope you guys are thinking about Halloween costumes!

lulu said...

good work on the photography skills jess! i reeeeally want a nice camera to play with.. looks like fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...