Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Merry Valentines...

When I was little, I was always so sad to see the December decor go. So I decided then and there that when I had my own house, the trimmings would come down during my own due time...which for me hits around Valentines. I know not everyone concurs with the overlapping of holidays, but for me combining anything with Christmas is like chocolate cake a la mode...it makes every bite that much sweeter... and somehow putting up hearts while we are hanging onto Christmas gives me some much needed comfort during this cold January month.

James and I are sick for the second time this season. And if kind of enjoying cold meds, hot cocoa, and cuddling with my baby while we watch chick flicks is wrong...I don’t want to be right!

John is sick too but since he has school, his final project, and loads of work, there is no rest for the weary...But we’re keeping the couch warm and will give him some hot supper when he gets home.

So happy Cupidmas...And even though I get weird looks when the neighbors come to the door, I’ll have my cake and eat it too....Or just do whatever we have to do to survive this cold, flu, and winter blues season:)

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Cupidmas!!! truely genius! neighbours are supposed to stare its their job, its your job to keep being an awesome person and mum:) miss ya and wish i could sneak a peak at your decorations!

ColleenDown said...

It will be interesting to see how this goes when you move to sunny Houston and are out biking, beaching and flying kites in January! (A good reminder for me to dig out my valentine box!)

Heather said...

Only you could make being sick sound so delightful. Get well soon, all of you.

Isaac Family said...

Jess you are so cute! Sorry you guys are sick but I love your optimism about it. James is just adorable and getting so big. Glad things are well!

Romney said...

Sorry you're sick! Hopefully it passes soon! Merry Cupidmas!

Abbie&Trevor said...

I love that you leave your Christmas tree up. I typically do but didn't this year. You made me miss it. I am sorry that you and your little family are sick again. We had a few sick spells too.
I will call you soon. I can't wait to get together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...