Sunday, January 23, 2011

a sappy short about snowshoeing:)

I will l never forget my first wintery love... (skiing down the slopes at Snowbird)...But, strollin’ atop six feet of powder is a close second. We spent Saturday scaling the snow packed trail of Red Pine with our friends, the Christensen’s.
Before you judge us for taking James out in the cold...we stuffed his p.j.'s with hand warmers like he was a Thanksgiving turkey and then gave him a good glazing of layers. And because we forgot a gator for his face...John gave up the shirt off his back.



From our window, these hills look like a wintery whiteout but looking closer there are colors that can clear your mind and cultivate your creative spirit within.

And here I will bare testimony...God’s gifts of scenery, greenery, and family are all this gal needs to live happily... hallelujah and amen.

Have I mentioned I am a fan of this sport... All you need is some shoes and some snow and you can strut your stuff for less than it costs to go to the movies. Oh, and a bun workout is a pretty nice bonus.

I love that after a good snow day, take-out tastes like Tuscany, a hot shower feels like a massage, and cuddling up in bed is by far the most blissful thing in the world!
And they slept happily deeply many hours after...Hey... if glass shoes can change Cinderella’s life...why can’t snowshoes change mine:)

5 comments:

cathyg said...

Jessica, you inspire me! You inspire me to get outside more and to take more pictures and to love life to the fullest like you do! Thanks for sharing!

ColleenDown said...

It doesn't look nearly as stormy as it was that afternoon-it looks more like a professional photo shoot. Start feeling better so I can borrow your extra pair of shoes and hit the hills with you!

Cheryl said...

I can't believe how this post spoke to me. Everything about the post and about you is beautiful. I, too, love nature and believe that God gave it to us for our joy.

Also, contrary to judging you for taking James out, I applaud you for making him such a part of your life in every way you can. He wants to enjoy nature too!!!

Heather said...

What a fun day! I am with Aunt Cheryl, I would judge you if didn't take James out in the cold. And handwarmers, pshh, are trying to make him a pansy? Just kidding, that was actually good thinking.

Anonymous said...

i miss winter there! jess, you look absolutely gorgeous! love your hair, hat, everything :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...