Saturday, January 8, 2011

Second day at Sun Valley

Snow diamonds are this girl's best friend!

These are the Sun Valley ski instructor outfits from the 40's. I think they should still stick with the Swiss theme...b/c who wouldn't want a man in Lederhosen or a Heidi-ish hottie to help you with your snowplow?:)

Funny picture hanging over the fireplace. I make fun but secretly want a cheesy sweater picture of John and I someday.

This carriage takes you to a remote cabin for a romantic dinner. Just FYI for my ski bum brothers who I think should honeymoon here someday!

Have I mentioned I think this place is magical?!


Photo ops rock my socks!

Who knew ice could be so entertaining.


Town movie theater.
Group shot: my skis, the sun, and me all smiles to spend the day with the two.

I spent the day skiing with a Greek Grandpa I met on the Gondola. He comes to Sun Valley every year to ski for a month while his wife gets her shopping on. He was the ski champ in Greece back in '68 and can still turn like an Olympian. It was a treat to have him try to teach me a few things and talk about his travels in between.

So long for now my sweet Sun Valley but, bet your bottom dollar, I'll be back someday... with my skis on!

6 comments:

lulu said...

Oh my gosh the sweater the old man is wearing in that picture is the same sweater carolyn wore to our ugly christmas sweater party where we took those cheesy pictures i put on my blog! haha she said jeremy had it from an ugly sweater party he had gone to once. that is so funny!

looks like you had a blast! hoping to see you more this year before you take off to texas :(

Suzi said...

I love Sun Valley as well. I have only vacationed there in the summer but someday I hope Ryan and I can sneak away there for a ski trip. So jealous!

ColleenDown said...

I hope that I see that first picture and the one with the swan framed and hanging on your wall next time I come over-they are beautiful.

(Do you think the ski wear was warm back in the 40's--or maybe you meant it was ski wear from the 40's meaning temp-hmmm)

cathyg said...

Beautiful pictures and it looks like a great trip! I think you could sell your pictures for money at that resort!

Romney said...

I know I tell you this all the time, but I LOVE your pictures! You are definitely going to come give me a lesson in taking better pictures! Mine are always so bland and boring! I'm glad you had fun! it looks like an awesome trip!!

Anonymous said...

those ski pictures reminded me of the good old days of singing songs about H2o on ski lifts, warm chili at the lodge, and a lot of laughter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...