Thursday, August 25, 2011

J Crew...

For my birthday we took advantage of Katelyn's babysitting skills to finish our sailing course. It was loads more chillax this time around. I pretty much just opted to be cargo and click my camera instead of being part of the crew...(It’s my birthday, I can “crew” if I want to;) So John took over being captain slash helmsman slash hottie and sailed us into the gulf. I sat on the bow and was on cloud nine the entire time:). I was finally the perfect temp, the view of the boardwalk was mesmerizing, and the colors in the sky put me on a week long sailor's high...

Skiing will always have a place in my heart, but I think a sailor's life is the life for me:) I get the wind in my hair, beautiful views, and my need for speed all in the comfort of cute boat shoes (instead of stiff ski boots:)
A full moon, The Beatles blasting on the radio, and me and John sitting on the bow of the boat in the bay. Hands down my most romantic b-day:)

I love the reflection of the lights on the water. It reminds me of Kimme's favorite spring trend ikat.

As you can see by James's ice-cream covered smile, he had plenty of fun with his Aunt Katelyn on the boardwalk while we were on the water:)

10 comments:

Mike and Carla said...

Jessica, looks like you had a great birthday. It's too bad Carla and I didn't have the money and most importantly the guts to experience Houston and the bay as you and John. We are both landlubbers.

Heather said...

Ahh, lovely!

Laura Sellars said...

Beautiful pictures and an amazing adventure!

Laura said...

Beautiful! What a fun time! Super romantic. Happy birthday!!!

Cheryl said...

I love how each member of your family savors life! This whole post has 'savoring' all over it. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

the reflection in the water reminds me of Ikat too...now if only we could take that photograph and turn it into a print-would be amazing on a throw pillow!

cathyg said...

Love keeping up with you! Thanks for the beautiful pictures and view of life!

ColleenDown said...

Well maybe under these conditions I can get into sailing too--I see a cruise in our future! Beautiful pictures--we are all back on or cyber-vaca!

Shirlene said...

I LOVED your Birthday present!! You are so so Spoiled Jessica! Enjoy!!!!!
Love, Aunt Shirlene and Fam

The Vreelands said...

How fun. Your new house is amazing I love it! I am going to need your new address...I am getting ready to send out Halloween invites. You guys are planning on coming right? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...