Friday, August 5, 2011

My Morning Cup of Joe...

I don’t have too many tips for mommy-ing. Honestly I am just flying by the seat of my pants. For now I am just trying to keep James fed, somewhat happy, and healthy. But next time I have to write a tip on an index card at a baby shower, it will say...Do something fun every morning. By first thing I mean before you wash a dish, start a load of laundry, or take a shower. It doesn’t have to be anything extravagant or complicated. For us, it's usually pretty simple like playing in the yard, a bike ride, a trip to a pretty park, and lately the zoo (since it's super close and we have a season pass). I just go some place I can feel the sunshine on my face, get a few endorphins to get me going, take a picture (or twenty), and spend some quality time with James. My favorite mommy quote says, "cobwebs sleep, but babies don't keep."

When I get home I am usually inspired by the outdoors, James has expended a little energy, and I am ready to conquer my day...or a least a little house cleaning;) Now that I've written a post for my posterity's sake:)...Come with us to the Zoobalyzoo...

Sometimes the weather isn't very conducive to me soaking up some sunbeams. So we have to adjust. This is our best hot weather friend. In Utah it was my Marmot-The world's warmest ski coat.
This is similar to how my hair looks while we are out exploring in the morning:)

how to make a gif
a couple of frenching Flamingos:)
how to make gif

how to make an animated gif
The zoo is like a whole other world right when it opens . The animals are more active, we get to watch them eat breakfast, and if we head straight to the back, there usually isn't a soul in sight for the first hour.

We close on our house in two short hours and it feels like Christmas morning! (Hence the Pollyanna-ish post) Next time I will be reporting live from our new casa. Can't wait:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that lion was amazing! I love your advice- I'm gonna try and do something fun every morning, beats my never ending cleaning and to do lists. hope you won't be sick of the zoo by the time we come up for a visit, I would love to go with you guys :)

ColleenDown said...

This is like a picture pop up book--up here at the cabin it is in slo-mo but I definitely get the idea and I definitely HAVE TO HAVE a new camera lens-Pronto (just in case any family members are reading this and wondering about my birthday. ) I have been thinking all day about my morning cup of joe--I think I will blog about it! Anxious for your next post from the Burbs!

steven down said...

Jessica,

What Picasso is to painting you are to blogging! Thank you for sharing.

Love, Dad

Laura Sellars said...

I have added you on my "places I want to go" list! I would so love to come and visit your need world!

Laura Sellars said...

(For some reason your movies don't work for me on my computer. I wonder why. I am sad I am missing out!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...