Sunday, August 7, 2011

“Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I’m yours...”

Thank you, Stevie Wonder, for the segue...

Signed- We literally signed our name about sixty times to seal the deal. And I was wishing I had a signature stamp since I had a wiggly toddler in my lap!

Sealed- There is no going back now. As long as we make our payments on time each month, this is where we will be bringing our future babies home in Houston!

Delivered-Our furniture doesn’t arrive until Monday, so we’ve been camping out on the floor of our new casa...

The thing that attracted us to this particular house the most was the apparent pride the owners had in every hook, hinge, hallway, and cranny. It is older than me, but it feels brand new because of it's pristine condition. I truly believe you can tell the moment you walk in a home if there is a positive spirit about a space, and thanks to the great people who lived here before us... the good vibrations are off the charts, Beach Boys worthy:)

I’ve said before that I feel like the wife and I have kindred hearts. She is one of the most creative and kind people I have met and I am hoping now that I'm sleeping under her old roof, her fairy dust will rub off on me:)

Yesterday when we walked in the house for the first time there were notes in several places along with house warming gifts.

She knew I am an aspiring artist so she left me everything I need to paint my first piece for our new pad! I am excited to get started.
This bright red vintage umbrella came with a bag filled with emergency essentials.
Hopefully, we won't have to use these anytime soon though:)
I can't wait to wear this pretty apron in our new kitchen. Every time I cook in it I will think of their kindness.
It is so nice not to worry about unpacking all our stuff immediately. We've really been able to enjoy the bare bones (no pun intended:) of the house. We just walk from room to room dreaming about our new life. As you can see James enjoyed a few minutes of naked time outside. Since we are finally at a place where neighbors can't see.
It's a slumber party. We still have the condo in the city for another week, but we were too excited so we camped. Fact: Sleeping on the floor makes my back feel like I am eighty.
Rise and shine it's morning time. I decided I am going to like waking up to the sight of the lone star each day:)
As long as it is with these two handsome guys:)

This last shot is for my sister, Heather. When she was here she asked why it sounds like there are rattlesnakes in the trees. The sound comes from cicada bugs. My friend told me they shed their shells and their old skin will stick on your clothes like a broach. This probably won't become a fashion trend anytime soon, but I was still fascinated by my temporary accessory:)
I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, peaceful Sunday. Now a home video for the faraway fam:)...

14 comments:

Heather said...

This post made me so happy. What a great welcome to your new home. What a kind, sweet lady to leave you such a welcome. Note to self: If we ever sell our house do the same, even if I can't leave it in pristine condition.

Congratulations of being home. I can't wait to come visit, and be able to put an image with the sound. I am relieved that there are not rattlesnakes in the trees.

I love you!

Dad said...

That was a very warm house warming. By the way, I'm now an official fan of your daily blogs. Request: Is there a way that you can send them to my daily email inbox?
Love ya, Dad and Grandpa

Mike and Carla said...

Wonderful post as well as video. Carla and I read and enjoy your blog several times each day. We miss everyone and particularly James Michael. We are anxious to visit you in your new home. Keep up the great posts.

cap said...

so beautiful! looks like so much fun moving into a new home that is yours! I want one lol someday. thats way cute that the old owners left you house warming gifts! so fun! Can't wait to see your masterpiece when its done!

ColleenDown said...

This was like my morning sermon called, "Love Thy Neighbor" I want to write and thank her for making you feel so welcome. The thing we all love so much about your blogs is that they show the goodness and beauty of life...and James of course...it makes everyone look at life as a little less doom and gloom and a lot more sunshine!

ColleenDown said...

P.S. Isn't a pineapple the symbol for welcome--did she draw those on the notes or were they already on the paper?

Chelsea said...

wow! what gracious previous home owners! i am sure you will fill it with your kind spirit as well Jessica :)

Cathy G said...

I am so behind, but I just finished reading all the blogs I have missed! I miss you! Thanks for always looking at the beautiful side of EVERYTHING! You truly inspire me! I love the thoughtfulness of the previous homeowner! I can't wait to see what you paint! Love you and miss you!

Katelyn said...

What a sweet lady! I'm glad that you feel so at home. I can't wait to see it for myself! Only 4 more days! James is going to fit right in with his uncles with his sweet drumming skills in the video. Can't wait to see you guys!

Cheryl said...

Looks like I'm the last to read the blog, but my sentiments are the same as everyone else's. I want to be like the previous homeowner. I've made that mental note to myself as well.

Thanks for making life so beautiful!!

Romney said...

Jessica! I'm so excited for you guys! And I LOVE all the notes and sweet gifts the previous homeowner left you! I, like Heather, made a mental note to do the same (if I ever own a house and then sell it)! I loved that! Also, like everyone else said, I love your outlook on life and you inspire me to be more like that!

Erin said...

YAY!! Congrats! The house looks beautiful and I can't wait to visit! Your previous homeowners are incredible!

I can't believe you found a cicada shell after we just talked about it! I was laughing out loud reading that. Let me know when you want to play again!

Anonymous said...

i love this post! i can't believe how nice the previous owner was to leave you all those nice notes and the painting supplies! she must have been a very special person. your new home is beautiful, and i can't wait to see it for myself :)

Laura Sellars said...

No wonder you felt such a nice spirit in the home. What a sweet lady to be so thoughful. She probably was so relieved to have you buy the home to know that you will love and appreciate it as much as she did. It is amazing how a home is such a part of the family and it seems to be such a perfect fit for you! Of course you will make it even more amazing! ...Not to mention the originals that will be hanging on the walls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...