Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Katelyn came:)...

Since the three of us sisters now live separately and are surrounded by boys, we don't like to take our girl time for granted. Whenever we have a chance to be together we pack in as many malls, movies, and museums as we can and I love every minute of it. Everything just seems more sunny, pink, and pretty with a sister. And I have a memory card full of pictures to prove it:)...
It took James about six seconds to rekindle his crush for his Aunt Katelyn:)
We went back to our condo for a few days to pack up our things and say goodbye to city living.

We did what Texanistas do best. Shop till we drop. Lot 8 is a store opened by a Project Runway winner.
Katie didn't mind getting hot and sweaty, so we walked around the city to my favorite spots.

Check out this cool temporary art installation at Rice University. This looks like a shadow but it is all just paint. Sweeeet!

I love that the Down gals are always up for the quirky art at contemporary art museums.
Katelyn likes taking pictures as much as me. she took these at the zoo and I stole them from her camera:)
Thanks for spending your last week of summer with me sis. It was so nice to have girl talk and help with James. I can't wait to hear about your new job as a nanny and about school.
Love you lots! Jess

6 comments:

Katelyn said...

I had an AMAZING time! You are right, we definitely don't take girl time for granted. I had so much fun with you guys and seriously miss coming home from school and you being here. Love you! And post pictures of your beautiful house soon!

Katelyn said...

Oh yeah, that last picture of me and James makes me laugh every time! Him and that hose!

ColleenDown said...

Girl Talk--among the daughters--always puts a smile on my face. I can't wait to see all the favorite stomping spots next! We could use a hose here today too!!

Cheryl said...

Looks like it was so much fun! I especially want to compliment Katelyn on those great zoo shots! And I'd love to have James break out a hose for me.

Heather said...

I wish I could've gone too. All three of us together is going to be a rarity now. I love my beautiful sisters.

Chelsea said...

wow!!!! your little man is getting so big! I heard kimme is heading out your way:)))) I am jelous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...