Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Devil Andy and Minnie Me

My aunt just sent this picture and it made me smile because I was talking about this to Kimme today. We were going through my Halloween costume box for the kids and she joked that we should dress up and go trick-or-treating right then at ten a.m. It made me think of when we were little and my little brother, Andy, would runaway (notice the grip Heather and I have on him in the picture for this very reason:). Sometimes we would find him trick-or-treating in the middle of the summer or months away from Halloween. Our kind neighbors wouldn't really know what to do, so they would load him up with soda, pop tarts, money, movies, or anything they could find (you can see why this became a regular activity for him:) He would come home with quite the haul. One time we found him trick-or-treating in the above devil costume, but he accidentally put the tail on the front instead of the back. Ha ha. Sorry if that isn’t appropriate. I didn’t think anything of it at the time but looking back, it’s pretty dang funny:)

Andy: I miss you so bad it puts a pit in my stomach. I wish you weren't so scared to fly on an airplane so my Andy withdrawals would subside. I miss our brother-sister dates so much. Please call me ASAP:).

Aunt Cheryl: Thanks for taking time to send this picture today:) How I love and miss all my Aunties.

XOXO, Jess

P.S. Heather: I think you made the pretties little eighties pumpkin on the planet:)

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

so adorable heather is the cutest 80s pumpkin!!!

Katelyn said...

Oh my, this made me laugh so hard I cried. Andy has such classic stories, someone needs to write a book. Since Andy won't go there, you just need to come here!

ColleenDown said...

That is quite the cleavage shot you have there Jessica! It would take the whole family sitting around trying to remember all the Andy stories to get the book...I know everyone has one they will never forget. This Halloween he just wants to be Dad and wear Dad's clothes.Things are a little calmer these days but then just when I think he has wandered off for the last time--Draper police calls! Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

Loved this picture too! I remember the backwards devil tail. We really do need to write a book.

Chelsea said...

I will buy your first edition copy when your book publishes! I can write a chapter on the adventures Andy and I had at special needs mutual :) we were partners in crime!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, this post is ridiculous! I love it! I miss you and your family so much!!!

Cheryl said...

I am so glad this inspired such great memories! I loved being the single aunt to you guys. You always made me so happy, and you still do! I have some other real treasures that I will put out soon so you can blog about those too! Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...