Monday, October 10, 2011

It's Halloween at our House...

Hallelujah to my favorite holiday... after Christmas of course:) To get you into the spooky spirit answer a couple of these questions in the comments, on your own boo-tiful blog...or just in your head:)...

What was your favorite Halloween costume: Circa 1987, I was a mermaid princess. It was pre Little Mermaid so I was more of an 80’s version of Ariel. My mom stitched a sparkly skirt with a tail attached and my bangs were bigger than my batting stuffed fin. I remember being sad because it was so cold in Utah and I had to wear a parka over my pretty costume. I don't think we will have that problem here in Houston.

Favorite Candy: Twix. My chocolate crack as a kid. Mmmmm, I am craving it’s cooklicious caramel mix this very moment.

Favorite Halloween Memory: My family gets crazy into Halloween. Growing up we always had a haunted house and now my sister, Heather, has the best Harry Potter party in Heber.

Favorite Scary Movies: I love the old black and white ones... The Birds, Psycho (but I am still too scared to watch the shower scene), and Night of the Living Dead.

Worst Candy you’ve ever received in your bucket: A tube of toothpaste. I am sure I would be much more thankful now. But when you’re a kid trading candy with your friends, it takes some serious bargaining to switch a Colgate Plus for a TwixJ

Now welcome to our humble haunts...

5 comments:

Katelyn said...

I love all the decorations! Only you can make Halloween look chic. I can't wait to see how you all dress up. I don't know if you can beat last years Lady GaGa though. Miss you guys!

Heather said...

Favorite costume: The pumpkin comes to mind, probably year as your rocking mermaid.

Favorite Candy: Snickers, now and always.

Favorite Memory: Gotta go with the haunted house, especially the year someone wet his pants from fear (or from too much punch).

Favorite Scary movie: I hate scary movies. I remember when we watched Freddy Krueger at Marci's house and I had nightmares for weeks.

Worst candy: Peanut butter taffy. Does anyone like those?

Your house looks spook-tacular. And Katelyn's right, not everyone can pull off classy halloween like you do.

ColleenDown said...

Love the decorations--it makes mine looks so 1979-Oh well, it matches my house! So favorite costume-I won the school contest in first grade as an astronaut but I really wanted to be Little Bo Peep. Favorite memory--thanks to grandma and grandpa there have been so many haunted houses it is hard to remember, but the year we had it outside in KY and walked through the real graveyard on the back of our property probably takes the cake. Favorite scary movie--The Wizard of Oz of course, the witch still scares me! Favorite candy--oh my, how do you narrow it down-chocolate, chocolate, chocolate but now I like the really, really expensive kind. Worst candy--like Heather said, taffy--any kind!

Anonymous said...

Humble haunts...ya right!!! These pics belong in a magazine, I love it!

makana hansen said...

ok.. hello! I am dying over here looking at all your cute decor!
Fav costume: Mary Poppins. Hubby was the Chimney Sweep.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...