Saturday, October 8, 2011

Granny me: Please read this!...

I want to live to be an old wise woman of 102. And I am hoping at that time, when someone brings me a bowl of hot soup on an autumn afternoon I will be brought back to this day, baking brownies, with my babycakes. But if I happen to forget... I'm counting on the blog for a little memory jiggidy jog...
Remember when Betty Crocker brownies and homemade ice-cream was the way we got our daily bread and dairy?

mmmmm, the smell of my great grandma's gumbo simmering on the stove. And calling mom twenty times while I cooked it, b/c it never tastes as good as hers...plus, it's always a good excuse to call home:)

The sight of my baby with a batter beard face.

The sound of Frank Sinatra radio permanently playing on Pandora.

The bliss of watching your baby take a bubble bath in the kitchen sink.
P.S. Isn't it wonderful that in retrospect dirty dishes and unshaven legs don't exist:)

And last but not least.. your hubby coming home a little early on a Friday afternoon.

Okay my granny self:) Thanks for taking time to flashback to twenty-11. You can go back to your regularly scheduled programming...hopefully, it is crazy 8's with a gazillion grand-kids:)

3 comments:

Katelyn said...

Those brownies look delish! I had a dream last night about you and James...when are you coming to visit?
PS: Your new tv looks suh-weet.

Katelyn said...

Oh and I absolutely love the framed picture of James and the bottle of Joy! So cute!

ColleenDown said...

So did you make all those boxes of brownies?? If you did perhaps we need to talk ;-) The gumbo looks great, Nana would be proud. Looks like all your company will be eating well, glad you got a television so you can watch Rachel Ray and Nate Berkus while you cook--it makes it a little less lonely in the kitchen when you have friends in there with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...