Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cross my heart: cross country has my heart...


girls cross country ski day: endorphins...adrenaline...fresh mountain air...laughing til your lungs hurt...friends...yummy lunch in the lodge...great conversation... triceps and leg workout...locals discount...beautiful scenery...

<span class=

Heather and Linds making the ascent up the mountain
Carolyn gliding down. My mom opted to walk since she took a bad spill here last time. I know this doesn't look steep but cross country skiing is way more intense 'cause your skis are as skinny as twigs and your feet are stuck in the rivets like a Hot Wheel on a track.

Dear Kimme and Chelsea: I stopped skiing and saluted the Canadian flag in your honor:)

A little friendly competition. I was number 1 for the best fall.
The rivets in the snow the skis fit into.


A shout out to Soldier Hollow for another fabulous gals ski day. It is going to be hard to wait for our next ski date!

7 comments:

Abbie&Trevor said...

Ahhh.... Wish I could have gone. Life has been a little hectic the past few days. I will call you soon. I REALLY would have loved to go. You girls are all so dang cute!!!

ColleenDown said...

I always love it when your posts feature me upright! Looks like I missed out on the fun-after we split up-although I did not miss out on the fall. So I want the picture of you and Heather-will you send it to Walgreens on 13th and I will go pick it up, 5x7 black and white-do it soon while we are all thinking about it. Hopefully, we still have a few more days ahead of us.

Chelsea said...

Thank you for saluting our flag:) soon you will be here!!! I am so excited for the kidlets to meet! I wish i shared your passion for snow! it looks nice but for me i am a sun girl:)

lulu said...

The action pic's of heather are sweet! love this post.. i had so much fun with you girls!

Katelyn Nicole said...

Those pictures are super cute! Though next time you guys all do something, you should invite the forgotten sister ;)

jessica&john.com said...

Ahhh Katelyn, You're not forgotten...you're just a school girl And a working girl i might add. We will have to get together sometime on a Saturday for you:)

Heather said...

Whoo-hoo, I'm featured in a moving picture. Thanks for sharing my passion for X-country ski days. I wish I could have stayed to witness the epic crash.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...