Thursday, February 24, 2011

A little lovin' from our oven...

John asked me the other day if I ever thought I would love cooking like I have been lately. I think he was taken back when I answered an affirmative yes. I told him it was on my list and life is long, so I knew eventually I would get to cooking.
I love the idea of reinvention. It keeps life exciting knowing there are so many different hats you can wear, hobbies you can take up, and causes to fight for. But there is a time and a season and during this season of my life I want to use actual seasonings to spice it up.
I know that change isn't always as easy as an outfit change. I've always owned an apron and have never been able to crank out a cupcake. But I know by the sweat of my brow I can reinvent the woman I am. Mostly because I have all you lady role models who have done it time and time again. Like my mother-in-law who went back to school later in life to become a mathematician or my mom who just got her masters. My Grandma Down became an accountant. Then my other once corporate grandma became a knitter. Heather is a dance teacher right now, but just told me she might eventually become a dietitian. I could go on forever about so many of you gals out there. So who knows...maybe down the road I could be an illustrator, a political advocate, an American Idol...jk! I'm out of luck in the singing department:) But, ahh, the possibilities... it keeps life exciting.
For now though, I must say, I am completely content in my kitchen baking cupcakes with my baby cakes...
<span class=
James frosting his cupcake.

I love my new homemade slippers grandma! They are like an extension of my body because I wear them 24/7. They are so comfy and warm...and the fact they are so pretty and pink is a definite plus:)

Someone is ready to eat the fruits of his labor. My aunts yummy homemade strawberry cupcake recipe here.
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Friday friends:)

6 comments:

Katelyn Nicole said...

Those look so yummy! I want to make some now.

Chelsea said...

maybe one day i can bake cupcakes and take photos like you:) its amazing how since highschool we have all grown and changed so much!!! one day we will all be able to get together! but for now i am really excited to see you in march:)

ColleenDown said...

Are there any left?? Like a spiral staircase, maybe I will eventually turn back on myself and cook again--hmmm. Until then I am so thankful for those cooks who surround me. You have certainly inspired all of us to look at life through new lenses-literally. I am constantly asking myself-WWJS--What would Jessica Shoot?"

Aubrie West said...

When are you brining those cupcakes over? You still need to come by! Sorry about Monday, I got in clean up house mode. Love ya girly!

Sam Whitney Preslie said...

Jessica you are such a cute mom! i absolutly love looking at your blog because you are always doing the cutest things!

Suzi said...

I made these cupcakes today with Lilly. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I wish I could take cute photos like you. It was all I could do to make the cupcakes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...