Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Extreme Makeover: Valentine's Edition...


Since we were having a short spurt of spring-ish weather yesterday, I decided it was time for the Christmas décor to go and Valentine's Day to say hello. I can’t count how many holidays this has happened... I am never in the mood until the day of and then I want to go all out. Then I love the holiday so much, I keep it up another month...or three. Yup, I’m a holiday hoarder:)

To give me the makeover motivation I needed, I called John and said I had a special Valentine’s surprise. Then I had five hours to morph our holly jolly house into the love shack. It's amazing how much more I can accomplish when I have a hot date...and a deadline...

stopping to smell the roses John brought home.

Setting the mood with a candlelit supper...

Bon Appetit... French lamb chops

My super-date assistant fell asleep just as supper was served. So sweet of him to allow his parents a peaceful dinner. It seemed nice until eleven pm rolled around and our child was still on a running rampage.

Drum roll please... I made my first rolls ever! Big accomplishment for me... And I came close to a cooking catastrophe b/c I almost poured the package of yeast directly into the flour mixture. Luckily I remembered my Aunt's bread demo and decided to google it...Yup, you have to dissolve it. Who knew?...probably all of you:) I hate that about cooking... they assume you know way too much!

My first sugar cookies ever too. I've never been much of a baker. But I might now after two consecutive cooking incidents with out any accidents.

And we ended the evening with the best season of the Bachelor ever...b/c marriage is all about compromise:)...

And the beaches of Anguilla always look so nice this time of year...

But, I am glad I don't have to worry about getting a rose, b/c I have a whole bouquet from a guy who kicks Brad Womack's A**:)

7 comments:

John said...

Just thought I would give my wife props - her first attempt at so many different dishes and baked goods turned out incredible.

I love you honey; happy Valentine's Day!

lulu said...

what a fun valentine's with your little family :)
john is a lucky man!

Anonymous said...

That dinner looks delish. James and John are very lucky to have you! And I am totally with you about how recipes expect too much ;)--Katelyn

ColleenDown said...

I hope Dad doesn't see this blog--he will feel seriously gipped!

Cathy G said...

Way to go on the new recipes! Who cares if you wait until the last minute, at least you made it happen!

The Vreelands said...

It looks like you had an incredible Valentines Day! The food looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Dinner looked delicious!!! I am also really into the bachelor ... Go Emily!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...