Friday, July 15, 2011

Our House...

Leaving our last house made me feel like I was breaking up with a boyfriend. We rebounded in the Bahamas, and our apartment here in the city has been a fun fling. But now we are ready for a serious relationship ...So without further adieu, it is time to introduce you to Mr. Right (or at least until me and the mountains reunite:)...

Every time I entered this house it felt like a tranquil sanctuary. When I walked the halls I could almost hear Norah Jones singing Come Away with Me in the background and I kept picturing myself baking bread, cuddled up with my boys and a book, or doing yoga in the gazebo (visions straight out of Sunset magazine:) I’ve met the homeowners twice and the wife and I have kindred hearts for the arts. I wish the all art went with the house, but I am now more motivated to save for a few fine pieces to carry on the fabulous feng shui.

I love the honeymoon stage of buying a house. All my furniture has been arranged and the pictures have already been hung in my head. I just need a comfy new couch and a mirror from Ikea and it should be complete. We close in a couple of weeks, so please plan a visit soon. I will be sure to greet you with a tall glass of wi--...I mean water from the bar;)

12 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats! It is a beautiful home. I can't wait to see it and how you have made it into a home.

Laura said...

YAY! It's gorgeous and huge! Congrats!

Mike and Carla said...

Congratulations, John and Jessica. Carla and I hope you got the place for a good price. It is a beautiful home and obviously in a wonderful area since it is a block from the Houston temple. The Church investigates areas for years before selecting a location for the temple. Houston is a fun and an exciting place to live. We'll get to Houston to visit as soon as we can.

Michelle Wilkes said...

I didn't realize I had so much influence over you! (Or that we had such similar taste?)
I love all the architectural details, wainscotting, built-in book shelves, etc. and it looks like there is tons of square footage (and did I spot a sewing/craft room?) oh, I'd better quit, I'm turning a little green here!

Anonymous said...

yaaaayyyy!!!!!!! i love it! i already know which room will be mine when i come :) congratulations jess, I am so happy for you guys!

Chelsea said...

congrats!!! I may be a tad jelous but my happiness for your family is bigger:))))

Romney said...

Congrats! I LOVE it! I can't wait to see it after you move in when you put your artistic spin on it!

lulu said...

Jess I love it! Congrats to you & your little family! Looks like you should start expanding it though since you have plenty of room *hint hint* haha ;) I definitely will come visit someday after i'm home from spain. Can't wait!

Britney said...

Oh Jess, it's gorgeous! So comfy cozy-looking and it's HUGE! I'm so excited for you guys! Best of luck getting moved in and settled. I'm jealous of all the space you have to decorate ;)

The Vreelands said...

Good choice. It is beautiful!

Cathy G said...

What a beautiful place! Looks like lots of room for company to visit! And I noticed the craft room too! Can't wait to see how you make it your own!

ColleenDown said...

I will bring my own bottle now that you have a place to put it :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...