Friday, July 29, 2011

A park as pretty as a painting...


This week I was craving a little less Cat in the Hat and a little more culture, so me and my mini Huckleberry Finn headed uptown to the museum district.
Dear Heather: This place was like a little Louvre! I am so sad it wasn't open when we tried to go. I was astonished at the artists gracing this gallery. Next time we are leaving the boys with the men and spending the day in Houston's museums:)
James isn't even out of Pampers and he is posing with a Picasso (and he didn't even seem to notice). I am hoping someday he will think it's cool.
A picture of a cafe to commemorate my one year anniversary of when I Ooh la la, fell in love with Paris:)
After our meander through the museum, the rest of my day started to feel like I was strolling (or stroller-ing-rather) in a Monet. My perspective of the park became a colorful canvas filled with beauty and balance. I just wanted to park it, take out my pallet, and watercolor my day away. But because I am not at a point in my life to spend hours as a painter, I took pictures instead...
This park is dedicated to cancer patients. We thought of Grandpa Gregory who is having his Chemo treatment today. And since he can't be here, we thought we would share...


We hope Grandpa feels better this weekend and that he gets well soon!
how to make an animated gif

/
I love art that focuses the beauty of this life and makes you see your own surroundings in a lovelier light. At the museum I saw a quote by Picasso saying, “painting is another way of keeping a diary.” I'll add to that...taking pictures:) I am so glad for blogs that work like an artist's view finder; capturing the more picturesque moments of mommy hood...(and leaving the less to be desired in the diaper pail:) Can't wait to catch up on everyone's posts this weekend! TGIF!

6 comments:

Katelyn said...

The park and museum look heavenly! I hope that someday you will be able to spend all day painting, because I remember how amazing you are. When you have a second, it would be fun to talk on the phone. It's been a while. I love and miss you guys!

Chelsea said...

you are so adventurous on your own!!! I strive to be able to venture and enjoy beauty as you so beautifully do!

BarbWitzke said...

Jessica and John--I love the travel log you have provided for us to enjoy.I am so excited that you are getting to do all these beautiful things (I do think Jess that you have inherited some of my "gypsy" blood!} That James is still a show stealer!/ love, Grandma Witzke

ColleenDown said...

Another tear jerker post. I guess you can't mix art, James & Jessica, flowers and fountains in one blog without making me tear up. Reading your blog is like visiting an art museum! I know one place I want to go when I come to town :-)

lulu said...

your posts always inspire me. i have been trying to see the beauty of this island in that same way.
p.s. i love the spinning pictures. i've always wanted to try a moving picture.. maybe sometime i will!

Laura said...

I want to come to Texas! What a great museum! I love anything that reminds me of the Louvre and Paris, too! :) You take such amazing photographs, Jessica. They are stunning. You are an artist and one of the most creative people I know! I love reading your uplifting posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...