Monday, July 4, 2011

What have we been up to?... House hunting and the zoo...


Right now our every free moment is spent house hunting-hence the lack of posting:( But when we aren't driving around or looking online at HAR (feel free to click and to help us find a house ;) we go to the zoo. View from the park. Everyone of those buildings in the background is a hospital. If you come to stay, this is the place to get sick...But of course, we hope you'd have a healthy vacay.
James and I take the metro in the mornings. Bob the stroller has become quite the city slicker. We have to start the day early to beat the hotter than Hades heat. We leave at 7:30 and are back home by 11.
First we go for a little jog and then we feed the ducks and turtles. James thinks throwing bread to the birds is almost as good as throwing rocks into the ocean.
This is my personal favorite spot at the zoo. I am still trying to figure out the best way to stay cool. Soaking my undies in cold water before I leave the house seems to help:)
Getting my nature fix in the park.
Friday we hit the zoo twice. Once in the morning then again when John got off work. I think the aquarium and tropical bird exhibit are helping us ease the pain from missing the beach.
Posing primates:)
Well, we are off to the zoo to celebrate our freedom:) Have a happy fourth family and friends. P.S. Everyone please post pics of the festivities.

7 comments:

Heather said...

I can't wait to come see the new stomping grounds. Looks like you have a great zoo.

Chelsea said...

i love the pic of BOB and the squirrel! your hair looks ravishing in the heat, i am afraid my hair would look like the lion! good luck house hunting

Katelyn said...

That video was hilarious! I can't stop watching it. I can't believe how big he is getting! He is starting to look so much like John! I can't wait to see you guys this Summer! Please keep posting blogs...they are like my morning cup of joe!

ColleenDown said...

Everyone has their favorite picture:-) Mine is the cool spot, we need a few of those here-in fact I set one up in the courtyard last night, to ease the heat here. James is growing, growing, growing-I can't believe how mature he is looking. Maybe our goat issues had something to do with the fact that we didn't brush them!

stevendown@msn.com said...

Nice pics and video. Love you!
Dad

lulu said...

so happy to see a post from you! i have been missing your lovely blog updates. looking forward to more in good ol' texas!

Anonymous said...

This is the first time in what feels like weeks that I have had five minutes to myself to browse my favorite blog, and it never disappoints! Has anyone ever told you how much you look like Audrina from the Hills? It's uncanny. Anyways, I love the pics of the zoo-James is cuter than ever and I have to be honest when I say that looking at your blog is a little bitter sweet for me- I miss you sooooooooo much! I will call you this week, probably tomorrow morning cus Chris said I could have an hour all to myself, YAY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...