Wednesday, July 13, 2011

We're Suckers for the City...


Right now I kind of feel like our life is in limbo and we are playing the waiting game...Waiting to hear about the offer on the house....waiting for another baby (that wasn't an announcement by the way), waiting for my sisters to come visit, waiting for John to get off work...waiting waiting waiting....you get the picture.
But, since I am not really a gal who likes to wait around, James and I take the 8 am train to the city:)...
We leave our building bright and early with empty bellies and sandwiches in tow. James is a much better metro rider when he is having his breakfast or lunch on the go.
This my friends, is the energy capitol of the world. Chevron, Exxon, BP, Shell. Pretty much whoever you pump into your car, it's headquarters are here in Houston!

On top of the JP Morgan Chase building. The 60th floor has a sweet view and I am hoping to watch the sunset here sometime soon.
Houston has a series of air-conditioned tunnels that run under the city and connect the buildings to help the pedestrians beat the heat. This shot makes it appear much more secluded and scary. But don't worry mom, there were plenty of people strolling in their suits, so it is perfectly safe:)The best thing about big cities..being surrounded by lots of inspiring art and architecture!
Dear Kimme, Did you know Houston is Mrs. Knowles home land? We even saw her house on the lake we learned to sail on. And the British guy in our class asked the instructor if Jay ZED (instead of Jay Z) lived there with her. Ha Ha. Silly Brits. Anyway, if you don't come to Texas for your bestie, do it for the love of Beyonce:)
I've never been in a city where people are so nice. I think I had ten people ask me the other day if they could help me find something. I need to figure out how to not always look like such a tourist. Maybe we need to cut down on wearing so much color and buy some black...But that would be way too hot, so I will keep strolling the city streets in my beach wear, along with my long haired Saved by the Bell side kick:) XOXO.

13 comments:

Laura said...

Cute video and pics. Looks so fun to go cruise around the city! Oh - and I love your sandals! Where did you get them?

Chelsea said...

you must update your blog daily! it is a big dose of sunshine in my day!

ColleenDown said...

They wear black in Houston??? Maybe only the black like in the Beyonce display? Maybe they wear black so it doesn't clash with their architecture and water features, those are cool pictures. So have you figured out how to get wet and take pictures at the same time? I really need to get into the city more--even though I drive there everyday, I never get out to take pictures, maybe a trax ride is in order for me too! Aaaah, James is talking!

Heather said...

That video made me so homesick for you and James. I wish we could explore the city with you. Can't wait to come visit.

cathyg said...

You are much more adventurous than I am and you make it look so fun!

The Vreelands said...

I feel like I am just waiting too :)--It looks like you guys are having a blast thought getting to know your neck of the woods a little better.

Anonymous said...

Hi :) I came across your blog a little while ago and enjoy reading about all the fun stuff you guys are doing.
I think people might think of you guys of tourist because of the camera? Since I'm back in Germany, I have been taking tons of pictures and people always look at me and are wondering what this tourist does here :D Nevertheless, taking pictures is great.

-Jasmin

jessica&john.com said...

Hi Laura: I bought my sandals at Target for $20 bucks. I've worn them all summer, in the ocean, and now all over the city. I might go buy more b/c they seem to match everything:)
Mom, You're right. They don't wear too much black and people dress much more casual here...except the business gals. I swear, there are sooo many blonde beautiful southern bells in this state! And they dress to the nines with perfectly quaffed hair. And they don't seem to sweat like I do. what gives?
Jasmin,
Thanks for reading my blog! You're right, I always look like a tourist because of my camera. I guess I forget it is there since its been an extension of my body the last couple years:) I would love to see your Germany pics. Please start a blog!

Mike and Carla said...

Jessica, wonderful video of James. It's great to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. Carla and I are looking forward to visiting you once you get settled. We love visiting Houston since we have fond memories of living there as a young couple. We enjoy so much your blog.

Michelle Wilkes said...

How long are you gonna leave us hanging? Which house did you make an offer on?

Anonymous said...

Yes I did know that Houston is Beyonce's hometown, I CANNOT believe you went by her house!!! Is it the one she grew up in or the one she owns now? If it is the latter then LOOK OUT! We are sooooooooo gonna go knock on her door when I come up. I am having visions of her inviting us in for a good old fashioned bbq, Jay Zed is there, and so is Gwyneth Paltrow (I heard they are besties) oh, it is going to be so much fun! She will probably ask us to collaborate with her on her next single!!!
P.S. LOVE the pic of your toes with James, your outfits are so adorable and full of color, I LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, AND WHICH HOUSE????

Isaac Family said...

Jess I have so much fun reading your blog! I love the way you live your life to the fullest- James is one lucky adorable little boy! Good luck with all of your adventures! And btw, I love all of the houses you posted about, tough choice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...