Friday, September 9, 2011

Three Rounds of Company...

Lucky for us, all pains of homesickness have been thwarted by having a full house. James is getting so used to having visitors, that the first thing he does when he wakes up is charge into the guest room in search of a new friend. Lately, he loves looking at the blog too, so even though I haven’t been the best at taking pictures of all our fun, here is a little post to jog James’s memory of some familiar family faces...

John's Uncle Terry and Aunt Lidia came to stay from Dallas.
Lidia gave me my second course in cooking like a Texanista.

Echiladas, beans, and rice will now be a staple for all visitors to the Gregory hacienda.

And french toast, for a little Down family flare:)

My mom and dad spontaneously came out for dinner and an overnighter. It was fabulous to show them our new house. It was short, but ahh so sweet!
John's brother, Tim, and wife Catie came out too. John made Tim earn his keep by having him pump 20 bags of insulation in our attic in 107 degree weather...B/c, what else are little brothers for? J/k... A big THANKS to Tim for helping make our HVAC bills loads lighter.
My hubby hard at work. This is when I am more than happy to be making enchiladas for the men in a cool kitchen.
Catie is carrying James's next cousin. Maddy will make her debut in less than two months!
Don't worry, it wasn't all work while they were here. We showed them a good time at the zoo too.
We'll that's a wrap on what we've been up too. That and decorating...and redecorating...and of course trying to stay cool:)
animator gif
I went for the less cluttered version, in-case you care;)

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. XOXO, Jess

4 comments:

ColleenDown said...

So glad we got to be round two!! Oh my, I almost had a heat stroke watching John in the the attic on the internet--it must have been 140 degrees up there! The shelves look great-both versions. Now on to "your room" upstairs-can't wait to see what happens there. I wonder what I could do with a chainsaw and an ice cube--hmmm!

Chelsea said...

wow! beautiful as always! such a hostess withe the mostess!!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Your mom and dad look so good! I thought that girl singing was you at first...very impressive! The bookshelf looks amazing, and yes, I do care :) I have always dreamed of having a built ins that I could display cute nick nacks and accessories! Can't wait to see it all in real life and I can't wait to get that enchilada recipe. miss you!

Cathy G said...

Jessica, I love the shelf...both versions are great but I like the less cluttered one, too! Glad you have friends and family to come visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...