Monday, September 12, 2011

Shhhh, It's a Secret...


Remember James and my secret spot we had in South Mountain? It was surrounded by a golf course, it had a view of the temple, and we always seemed to see wildlife. It was a place of solitude and peace and within walking distance of our house. I could go for a quick forty-five minute break, watch James play, and see the sun’s rising and setting rays.
Ever since we’ve moved I've been in search of our second secret spot, and over the weekend we found it. It is so similar to the first, when we came upon it my eyes began to water. Since sunshine does for my soul what herbal essence does for the hair (in the commercial anyway;) here is our Sunday walk in snapshot retrospect...
Here are the mossy oak trees that I love here in the South. They remind me of Gone with the Wind.
This place used to be a golf course that was about to be turned into condos. Then the city took a stand and seized it for open space. Praise the neighbors and the people at the parks and rec for giving my little man a place to play.

I love having Moroni as a next door neighbor again:)
This friendly critter looks like a fellow cougars fan. Sort of ironic since we sorta stunk against the Longhorns:)
Secret spot...check. Now if I could just find a hair stylist:)

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

so tranquil and beautiful! and i must say your little mans toe nails are looking nicely groomed! i wish i could say the same for mine LOL

ColleenDown said...

I have been thinking of my secret spot--I think at this point in life it is my courtyard, no one but Google Earth knows when I am out there--the wildlife though only consists of bees, crickets and an occasional hummingbird. I love the skunk--at least the Y was not skunked by those Longhorns just barely "beat." Too bad you won't be here for the world's largest dodgeball game between the Y and U this Saturday--although that could put you and John on opposite teams :-l Love your pictures-thanks for posting today!

Heather said...

I'm so glad Spring is feeling more and more like home.

Anonymous said...

love the secret spot, hope it's not too secret to show your bestie!

Cathy G said...

Beautiful pictures! That must be great to have some open space close to your home!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...