Tuesday, September 6, 2011

An Out of this World Hot Date...

You could read Men Are From Mars, Women are from Venus to improve your marriage...Or, you could take your man to the Space Museum:) Guaranteed, you will be seeing stars in each others eyes in a moonwalk minute.

This place was so awe-inspiring, educational, and cool! I must admit, I've never been much into all things moon...plus planets have always seemed sorta plain... that is until our little space day vacay.
I learned so much fascinating stuff during all the explanations about the space stations, shuttle launches, and the inspiring astronauts over the ages. I had no idea the workings being done above my head as I stared into the starry night sky. It is truly astronomical...

This is a Real rocket folks! Saturn V. It has taken many an astronaut to the outer limits.

An engineering phenomenon! Check out all that wiring.

This is an exact replica of the international space station. Astronauts train here before they blast off.

This picture shows some of the robots they send into space. They actually have opposable thumbs that are so precise they can text on a blackberry.

This looks like something off Minority Report. I guess Spielberg visited the space museum too.

Another rocket I jazzed up a bit with Picnik's space your face feature:)

Maybe I missed my calling;) J/K...a space suit isn't really my style. Plus, I am over the moon being a mamma:) But I am glad there are brave space cowboys like these willing to explore the last frontier...and capture it on film for me:)

I swear, by the moon and the stars in the sky, the Houston space center is a blast... So book your tickets today.
Love your Texas travel agent, Jess:)

4 comments:

lulu said...

that looks so fun! when i learn about the universe & see how incredible it is out there i can't imagine there isn't a grand creator of it all. i don't think it was all placed there by chance.
so good to see a post from you jess! i've been missing your blog. hope you are getting settled in well!

Heather said...

Count us in when we bring our space men there. It looks fascinating.

ColleenDown said...

I want to space my face my pictures too--especially the cabin shots this weekend--how fun to at the click of a button be able to space your life! When I was about seven, two years before the moon landing, I had this picture book, Men in Space, it was one of my favorite books, I would look at it over and over, the "space race" was such a big thing at the time--I will never forget the summer they finally landed and all the neighbors gathered together around the television for such a momentous occasion. It was so routine by the time you were growing up that we hardly noticed when shuttles took off or landed--although seeing it live was a spiritual event in a weird way. Anyway, ramblings of a middle aged-new ager-love the pictures, Can't wait to go there!

Cheryl said...

Cool museum! We've been to the Kennedy space center in Florida where they also have a Saturn V. That thing is big! And, of course, we have Dale's model of it that is still in LuDean's attic! So glad you enjoyed it. And cool pictures again. Love your posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...