Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Venetian Vacation...

Close to our house there is an outdoor piazza of posh shops and restaurants.  I’ve made the mistake of going during busy times and I always feel like a fish out of water.  The shoes and handbags are much too fancy and I start to feel self conscious in my faded pregnancy dress.   But lately we’ve been hitting up our favorite crepe place before the stores and restaurants officially open and it’s been bella vista bliss!  James can freely play in the fountains, there is hardly a soul in sight, and the crepes are scrumptious (and inexpensive!)- the perfect environment for me to imagine I'm in Italy.





After breakfast we drove across the street to an upscale community to check out a model home that was open.  I continued to make believe I'd been whisked away to a Tuscan village.  There were no other visitors so we meandered around the mansion awhile and helped ourselves to the cookies on the counter.  

The door had a Wizard of Oz-ish opening.  I want one!


James quickly made himself at home.
I am filing away this idea for a headboard.  John is pointing to far away Romania-where his latest project is located. 

All my prego pics are taken like this.  I have the slightest angle where I don't look like a hippo and it is hard for my hubby to catch;)
I loved the interior design of this place. 
Finding these favorite little spots helps me from missing the mountains and fall leaves.  Signing off happy in Houston.  Ciao, Jessica

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine your not "fitting in" wherever you go. Enjoyed the virtual trip to Italy!
Love, Aunt Claudia

The Vreelands said...

You look fantastic Jessica! You guys make everything you do seem like an adventure. I love that about you. Hey think you guys might be in my neck of the woods around October 27th? ;)

makana hansen said...

You makin' this momma homesick! CoCo Crepes are my FAVORITE. And I am a little jealous you got to check out that house! AMAZING photos as always and you are probably the only person I know that looks just stunning pregnant. I miss you

ColleenDown said...

O.K. that theater room is amazing!! Do you guys think you could buy that house before I come to visit--just kidding, your family room is amazing too. So is this the same place that we went for lunch? or does James just play in all the fountains around town! And, I have shopped Harrods with you-you can fit in anywhere-especially now that you have the secret arab machine!!

Steve / Dad / Grandpa said...

I Love the pics. You really must make an ongoing album for your flower photos. They may be famous someday!

Heather said...

This makes me think maybe I should go off on an adventure today and leave all my laundry and dishes behind. You certainly have an eye for beauty. If I'd known that secret non hippo angle I might not refuse to let my picture be taken pregnant. You look fantastic.

Cathy G said...

You're beautiful and you live a beautiful life! Thanks for sharing! Love you!

Anonymous said...

wowzas! I love the Interior Design in that home too! Gorgeous, as are you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...