Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Twenty-Nine

To be perfectly honest, holidays in Houston make me homesick...So to keep from singing, It's my party and I'll cry if I want to,  I opted to spend my birthday at the beach with my bestie (James)...
We rode the Ferris-wheel on the boardwalk, watched dolphins from the pier, then headed to the water below to get our beach on.

This is our basic lunch that always goes with us on our adventures.  Pb&j, fruit, and chips.  It always tastes good after a morning of play.  
We met some nice friends.  Cotton farmer moms from West Texas.  They shared their watermelon and beach toys and played with us in the waves.  

We ended up having such a fun time, I almost forgot I was pregnant.  A nice change of pace from paying attention to every little kick.
Before I officially have to grow up we decided to do something a little wild.  So we snuck into a posh hotel to wash the sand from our suits and go for a swim.  It felt good to be a little bad on my birthday.

John grilled me a delicious salmon dinner and bought me a bouquet of flowers.  I took care of my gift with a small shopping spree on QVC. 
What really made my day was the birthday cards, messages, and phone calls.  I get way too giddy with each one.  Thanks for making me feel loved even though we are far away!  XOXO, Jess

5 comments:

Katelyn said...

Your pictures are so dreamy! James is a good partner to have boardwalk adventures with. I wish we were all there to help you celebrate!

ColleenDown said...

Every days a holiday with Jessica!! I LOL, for real not just in cyberspace, when I read about the "pool hopping' didn't you do that when you were sixteen? Glad you had a memorable day-so good to talk to you.

Britney said...

Happy Happy Birthday Jess! Hope it was spectacular. You deserve it :) Love you and love your blog. You have inspired me to start blogging again. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a blast but I still wish I could have been there to enjoy Galveston with you!

Chelsea said...

Happy birthday!!!!! Looks like deserving mum had a deserving day !!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...